• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Essex indoor bunny boarding???

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I have been offered an all expenses paid two week holiday 1 week Disney Land Florida and a 2nd week travelling around! This is for March/April next year!!! Any/all suggestions welcome I have explained that if I can't find anywhere suitable then I can't go as my bunnies come first and it can't just be any old place it has to be 5*!! This was met with the most bemused you are kidding look :lol:

I had a look at that one soon after it opened and to be honest I wasn't terribly impressed :oops: The accommodation was fine, it was more the lack of knowledge that worried me (e.g. I asked what disinfectant they used between occupants and she didn't know, but said that it was blue and that it killed everything). Having said that, it was about 3 years ago now so they may well have really improved and built up their knowledge over that time - probably worth ringing up and asking if you can go along for a look.

From memory there's also a place epping/ongar way which looks as if it could be ok but difficult to see sizes etc: http://www.bunnyhopinn.co.uk/ but I've not been there and don't know anyone who has been there so again might be worth a visit to see what it's like and what the people are like.

What airport are you flying from? The other alternative might be to find somewhere near the airport. More travelling for the buns I know but there are some great places near Heathrow/Gatwick like the Doe Drop Inn for instance: http://www.doedropinn.co.uk/

Last edited:
Yes, I remember not being all that impressed when I read the Bunnery stuff actually (on the hygiene front). But, again, it was a few years ago now, and I have never visited or spoken to them, so I wouldn't like to judge unfairly.

It's a toughie, and would affect whether I got bunnies again in the future (if they were to be indoor bunnies especially).

There's a lady on here who runs an excellent boarding place, but its in Suffolk, near Bury St. Edmunds. I guess it depends where in Essex you are because that may be of help if you are towards Suffolk.

There is somewhere in grays I had a leaflet for but I have no idea what they are like, I can dig out the details for you? I was planning on checking them out.

If I had a clue what would be going on in my life by then, I'd offer to look after them myself! :D

Wow!! now that's brave!! who knows what nortyness they would be up to by then! They're currently in a let's wait till mummy cleans, then empty ALL the hay out of the hay basket and push it round the lounge!!! :lol:

Thanks for all the links I will be checking out as many as poss and let you all know what I find! My biggest problem is that neither of them like to travel and Dudley especially gets very stressed! Sarah-Janes is the furthest they've been apart from when I brought them home!

Sky-O I live in Colchester!

I looked at the link for Woodcroft Warren and it looks like the indoor accommodation is just hutches 6x2x2 I couldnt do that to D&D as they have been freerange since they were little!

That was always my worry - mine didn't even like closed doors, let alone a hutch. I think they'd get used to it though, and it's only temporary.

I looked at the link for Woodcroft Warren and it looks like the indoor accommodation is just hutches 6x2x2 I couldnt do that to D&D as they have been freerange since they were little!

It's possibly one that I'll go and 'check out' at some point as it looks as if it could be of interest to me in any case. If I go I'll let you know what it's like - sometimes they have removable dividers so they are able to make a 6ft hutch into a 12ft one for instance.

14 days in a prison would be an eternity to them I just couldn't do it! I worry about them enough when Im on holiday but to think I was off having a nice time and making them suffer nope couldn't do it! They both had to stay at the vets, obviously in a little space, for 4-5 days when Daisy was admitted, when I got them home Dudley binkied for 3 day solid :lol:

Sky-O yes not far away! I actually work in Ipswich (just off the Nacton Road) so most days even closer!! I will check out Bunnywarren thanks!

14 days in a prison would be an eternity to them I just couldn't do it! I worry about them enough when Im on holiday but to think I was off having a nice time and making them suffer nope couldn't do it! They both had to stay at the vets, obviously in a little space, for 4-5 days when Daisy was admitted, when I got them home Dudley binkied for 3 day solid :lol:

Sky-O yes not far away! I actually work in Ipswich (just off the Nacton Road) so most days even closer!! I will check out Bunnywarren thanks!

:lol: You practically pass my house on your way to work. Well, if you drive down the A12 that is. If you use the A137 then not so much.

It's possibly one that I'll go and 'check out' at some point as it looks as if it could be of interest to me in any case. If I go I'll let you know what it's like - sometimes they have removable dividers so they are able to make a 6ft hutch into a 12ft one for instance.

Ooh a 12ft one would be better!! I might still go and have a look incase they could do something!!

Did anyone ever look into any of these places? Apparently I'm bored enough this evening to ask. :oops: :lol:

Did anyone ever look into any of these places? Apparently I'm bored enough this evening to ask. :oops: :lol:

Woah that so weird I have literally just emailed Woodcraft Warren! I need to board George and Buster while my parents are away at the end of the month , will let you know :D

Back