• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fragile Circle~ Irving Townsend.

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan."

Remeber that every moment you spend fretting about the time he isn't here any more, is a moment you could have spent enjoying the fact that he still is.

And make sure you have no regrets - when he does pass, you don't want to think "I didn't spend enough time with him yesterday because I was busy and now it's too late", or worse.

I have been there and regrets make their passing 1000 times harder to deal with.

My favourite quote:

"Life is eternal, and love is immortal,
and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight."

I agree that each moment you worry about him not being here, you miss a moment of his life. You could get to the end of his life and then you will have missed most of it. That's a waste.

Take lots of photos, make memories.

I had one bunny and he was the best friend I ever had and will ever had. When he died my world shattered and its never repaired itself. I don't ever intend to only have one rabbit again. Having that friend to get up for when you lose one can help. Have you thought of getting him a girlfriend? I know you said you didn't want anymore but what we want can change due to mood and perception.

I sometimes worry about the future as well, but if you went through everything in life worrying like this you would never build relationships with people or with animals. I try to just enjoy the time I have now with them and take each day as it comes

Thank you for those quotes they are beautiful.

I spend alot of time with him :lol: and believe me if I go away for couple of hours theres a scratching on the door because he wants attention.

Majority of the posters on here are so strong when problems occur, its so great to hear how much people love their buns and how well they are cared for. :)

They are strong in that they are able to rise to the occasion and be there for their buns when s/he needs them - I think a lot of people still go to pieces "inside themselves" though because that's just how it is when you lose someone you love.

In a way it's good that you worry - it means you care. He will be grateful for that.

I agree with Sky-O that photos are so important. When i have lost buns, the things that helped are:

- sharing with people who understand (ie not those who go "stop fussing, it's just a rabbit")
- photos and particularly videos - after Sorrel died my sister found hours of video footage of her that I didn't know we had, which made things a lot easier
- having other furries to look after. Just to force me to get out of bed and still feel like someone needed me. I used to have four rabbits and after three died, although I still had my special boy Apache, the house jsut felt so empty. :(

Even if you don't want more at the moment it might be something to consider for the future - I'm not sure a bun is ever "too old to bond", I have seen buns of all ages successfully paired up. Not a decision you need to rush into though :)

Back