• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

needs bonding help!!

Jenefina

Mama Doe
Nicola is trying to bond the trio but they've launched into a full on fight as soon as she's put them in together going for each other faces, she's wondering if that's it decided or should she persevere and give it another go??

She's had a power cut btw so can't get tinterweb!

Has she tried having them near each other but separated by bars? Maybe try that for a few weeks first. Then attempt again.

Has she tried having them near each other but separated by bars? Maybe try that for a few weeks first. Then attempt again.
They've been in separate rooms for a while now... Doing the side by side thing requires patience, Nicola aint known for having an abundance of that!

I know they remember fights so just wondering if this is gonna affect any future attempts... Lucy (who is only ickle) ran for the hills when it all kicked off and is now scared of Zero who she's been bonded to for a bit now :(

The space needs to be really small, probably with nothing in it. How big is it?

If she doesn't have a car, does she have a washing machine? Putting them in a carrier on a washing machine (or dryer) can have the same affect apparently.

Or putting them all in a carry case and just walking them, gently moving the case backwards and forwards which can be unsettling for them and can also work.

Patience is needed! :lol:

I would leve them in seperate rooms for at least a few days to calm down and forget the fight. Then try again.

Really small space. Neutral room. Let them fight as long as it's just fur pulling.

Oh, and good luck!

She's quitting! gonna leave it till she moves in a week or so and I'll go over with the car for a bunny road trip!

Thanks guys :) my electric is now finally back. Little Lucy ran as soon as the boys started fighting, she seemed terrified of Zero for a while but they are fine now. She seemed interested in Castiel, she was sniffing at him and I think she even nuzzled him, but then Zero started attacking him :shock: there's angel fur all over my bedroom :cry:

Is it a lost cause if they are fighting like cat and dog, or like buck and buck?? Or should I give it another go later (not today obviously)? I had them in a 3ft x 3ft pen, I have a 3ft x 2ft cage that I use for travelling etc but Zero and Lucy have been in it, and Cass has been in it, so it isn't neutral anymore.

The trouble is, if I do it when we move, the new house is mainly carpeted, and the other bonds I've done there was a lot of spraying of pee involved :shock:

Thanks guys :) my electric is now finally back. Little Lucy ran as soon as the boys started fighting, she seemed terrified of Zero for a while but they are fine now. She seemed interested in Castiel, she was sniffing at him and I think she even nuzzled him, but then Zero started attacking him :shock: there's angel fur all over my bedroom :cry:

Is it a lost cause if they are fighting like cat and dog, or like buck and buck?? Or should I give it another go later (not today obviously)? I had them in a 3ft x 3ft pen, I have a 3ft x 2ft cage that I use for travelling etc but Zero and Lucy have been in it, and Cass has been in it, so it isn't neutral anymore.

The trouble is, if I do it when we move, the new house is mainly carpeted, and the other bonds I've done there was a lot of spraying of pee involved :shock:

I'd give up!! But that's me! I'm too scared to even try cutting guineapig toenails!! How did you separate the bunnies when they started fighting? Is Castiel ok?

I'd give up!! But that's me! I'm too scared to even try cutting guineapig toenails!! How did you separate the bunnies when they started fighting? Is Castiel ok?

:lol: I had gardening gloves on so I was prepared! And we have laminate flooring so just pushed them apart! Luckily they can't get a grip on the floor to have a good go at each other, but Zero was latched onto Castiel :shock: we had to pull him off. He seems fine but I know sometimes injuries take a couple of days to show up so I'll keep an extra close eye on him.

Not really sure where to go from here :cry: bonding the trio and bonding Lucy and Zero was hard, but they never fought, it was more fur pulling, chasing and scuffling.

what I did when bonding on carpet was put a few blankets down that had been washed (so didn't smell of any bun) and that seems to do the trick :wave:

what I did when bonding on carpet was put a few blankets down that had been washed (so didn't smell of any bun) and that seems to do the trick :wave:

Good idea - I also thought maybe shower curtains? Going to line Lucy and Zero's room with shower curtains at first because Lucy can't hold on long enough to get to the litter tray yet, she's only diddy so her bladder must be like a pea! :lol:

Good idea - I also thought maybe shower curtains? Going to line Lucy and Zero's room with shower curtains at first because Lucy can't hold on long enough to get to the litter tray yet, she's only diddy so her bladder must be like a pea! :lol:

yeah thats a good idea too :D, aww poor we sweetie :love:

It's just heartbreaking though :cry: Lucy was terrified, I've never seen her run so fast, and I'm just so worried Castiel has been hurt, he might act all tough but he's a fragile little boy :cry:

I know, I want to just leave it but then I don't think that's fair, I know other people on here have had buns who fought at first then got on fine

Back