• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dominic poorly :-(

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
Poor Dominic has an ongoing ear infection, and today started to lose his balance. He seems okay in himself and doesn't have head tilt (not yet anyway), but I'm rather worried because he's a bit of a sickly child at the best of times.

He's on metacam, depocillin, and chloramphenicol anyway, so we're going to try zithromax and stemetil (unfortunately the vet didn't have any in, so I can't pick it up until monday).

He's suffered from entropian, pustules on his willy, molar spurs, sore hocks and this nasty ear infection in the time I've had him...it just doesn't seem fair that some buns have to endure one illness after another :(

poor boy and he had such a horrid life before he came into rescue.
At least he has a very caring owner ..give him a, gentle, noserub from me xx

Hope he feels better soon. Twinkle has had ear drops for a month now to get rid of a bit of infection.. seems to take forever to go, but she has stopped shaking her head and falling over now.

Dom's balance is getting worse :( ....no head tilt yet though. He's definitely not eating as much as normal so I'm going to syringe him some recovery food.

Worst thing is that I've had to separate him from his 3 girls...they're just too lively for him at the moment; plus I need to confine him to a smallish space so he doesn't fall over, and I'd feel mean restricting the girls too.

Back