• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NIC Setup Pictures Please!

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
Looking here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=66961 most of the pictures have been removed :cry:

Can you please post pictures of you're NIC set up? I would like to corner a section of a room off using these and gradually increase space as they will be newly bonded (provided the bonding is successful).

Otherwise I will use them as Leo's new house.

-----
Follow on from this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?p=3917044#post3917044 where I bought some from and would like some ideas please :D

Last edited:
I have had a few over the last year - thats why they are so good.

CIMG0491.jpg

doublerun.jpg

CIMG0968.jpg

CIMG0982.jpg

CIMG1261.jpg

CIMG1256.jpg

CIMG1467.jpg

CIMG1468.jpg

Buns are in bottom level (guinea pigs in top two). They are never permanently shut up. There are doors that swing out on each three levels. There are also two dowels that provide support between the bottom and middle cage, and two grids in the middle cage that act as a hidey and also support the top cage. The base is a board of laminated pine, which has wheels on the bottom - enables us to move it freely (which is essential as every 12 weeks when we have an inspection, they have to go out for the morning onto the patio).

Your friends are cable ties - I used over 300.

021-8.jpg

Last edited:
I SO want to make one of these! But the grids are SOOOO expensive! :(

It would be so much easier then letting her free range the whole house though!
I think i'm gonna start saving!! :p

I SO want to make one of these! But the grids are SOOOO expensive! :(

It would be so much easier then letting her free range the whole house though!
I think i'm gonna start saving!! :p

I see you are in Aus! At the moment Bunnings has grids - pack of 12 for $24. I got 5 packs + grids I already had to build my latest cage. These grids are heaps cheaper than what they usually sell (pack of 5 for $13). I saved $36 buying them this way. I think they are just a promo tho..something to think about!

I see you are in Aus! At the moment Bunnings has grids - pack of 12 for $24. I got 5 packs + grids I already had to build my latest cage. These grids are heaps cheaper than what they usually sell (pack of 5 for $13). I saved $36 buying them this way. I think they are just a promo tho..something to think about!

lol yeah I rang mum before and she told me :p I am totally going there on wednesday! I hope they are still that price!

Does anyone know where the best place in the UK to buy these from? Tried looking on Google and didn't come up with much.

They are £8 plus vat at Costco (Seville, 4 storage cubes), but it is £25 a year to join if you don't know anyone with a card.

I got 2 boxes on ebay for roughly £35 including postage. When you consider how much indoor cages and hutches cost it isn't so expensive. Be careful which ones you buy on ebay though in regards to postage costs. I bought them and it was same postage for 2 boxes so didn't have to pay more but others were charging double postage.

Back