• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maia has become aggressive... :-(

KoShiatar

Mama Doe
By now, she's old enough for her spay (about 6 months old), but the vet told me to wait until the heat wave has passed.
However I feel like I can't wait anymore... when I go in the room she grunts and runs, and I can't feed her by hand anymore because she will lunge and box with her front paws. If I sit on the floor she will come up to me, but apparently she doesn't accept any attention. She's like this only with humans, she has shown not to be more aggressive than normal with our buck, but they can't be together now because he still has his teabags (they're brand new, I went to the vet at 12 weeks but he still didn't have them).
I don't know what to do with her, it saddens me that she's not getting any better, just worse. I really hope that spaying her will help her somewhat, although she's never been completely trusting of me or anyone else... what should I do while I wait for the spay? I'm afraid that she will be the same afterwards because she's been wild since the first day.

I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong, but what? She has an entire room to herself and she's left in peace most of the time. In the past I was able to handle her but now all I can do is pick her up, she won't struggle because she knows I'm stronger, but it saddens me to see that she's afraid.

i don't know much but i'd guess the spay will almost certainly help. carry on being patient and don't worry. its only her hormones.

Back