• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girlie sounding names for boys (and vice versa)

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Whilst posting on another thread it made me wonder who else has, has had or knows a male with a female name (or, equally, a girly with a male name).

I've got quite a few :lol:

Boy wise I have
Sky
Angel
Hope
Dawn
Star
Autumn

Girl wise I have a Sunny, who could have been Sonny.

people always assumed "Peanut Butter" was the girl, and "Jelly" was the boy, always! i never understood it myself but aparantly i did it the wrong way round :lol:

With Walnut and Cranberry people always used to ask which was which when I thought it was quite obviouse... they are kind of unisex names:?

I am a girl with a boy spelling of a name

Vivien, I always thought it was quite a girly name but apparently that spelling is the boys version :lol:

but I think Vivien would be more of a girly name for a boy.

Oh and my boy rabbit is called Ebony, I have been told many times it's a girl name ( tbh we did name him thinking he was a girl, but I thougt it was fairly unisex, also I don't think he realy cares :lol:)

:lol:

I also have his brother... Manson. :oops:

:lol:

I like that :D

My Dawn came about because I also have his brother- Dusk. Bit more boring than yours though.

vee-jay, I imagine that must be challenging. I know a lady called Keiron and a guy called Dorien. Its hard when names are unisex names but then get known as being for a particular gender. Tracy (my name) is a unisex name, but rarely do you find male Tracy's.

people always assumed "Peanut Butter" was the girl, and "Jelly" was the boy, always! i never understood it myself but aparantly i did it the wrong way round :lol:

I agree with the way round you had it, Peanut Butter for a boy, Jelly for a girl for sure.

We've got a female Bandit :? Patch is another one people don't really understand :lol:

Back