• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please

DDD

Mama Doe
My darling Douglas isn't well. He looks all sad and tired. He also hasn't eaten any breakfast. I can't tempt him with anything. He is booked in for emergency appointment soon. What else can I do for him? Please help. He even let me groom him this morning without a fight.

Keep him warm and calm. If you are confident doing it then you can give him a little fluid by syringe in his mouth, but best to get him to the vet immediately really. I do hope he is going to be ok. Lots of vibes x

I've seperated him from Desmond now and put lots of lovely tempting food out for him to see if he eats it. Don't really want to stress him out with unnecessary vets trip if I can help him here.
He has just had a little drink from his bowl. Is that a good sign?

I've seperated him from Desmond now and put lots of lovely tempting food out for him to see if he eats it. Don't really want to stress him out with unnecessary vets trip if I can help him here.
He has just had a little drink from his bowl. Is that a good sign?

I think he may need the vet though, I really do. A drink is good but unless he's eating as normal he must see the vet urgently. I would not separate him from his bonded partner - that would cause unnecessary stress.

I think he may need the vet though, I really do. A drink is good but unless he's eating as normal he must see the vet urgently. I would not separate him from his bonded partner - that would cause unnecessary stress.

He is booked in to the vets at the first appointment they had which isn't too long away. I won't seperate for long, just need to know if he is eating anything. I will take both of them to vets.

I've left him at vets with Desmond for company. Douglas is going to have a dental as he has spurs. Vibes for pulling through anaesthetic as last rabbit of mine that had anaesthetic sadly had a reaction to the pre-med and passed away with brain damage. Going to keep myself busy to take mind off it, and will make shed and run lovely and clean and tidy for his return. :(

Sending tons of vibes for Douglas! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I always find it best to try to keep my self busy too. xxxxx

My boys are home now.Douglas a bit wobbly from anaesthetic. He didn't eat at the vets, but they let me have him home to be in his own environment. So far he has eaten carrot and tomato. Going to soak some excel pellets in water for him too. Desmond is enjoying all the grated food too though!!

Back