• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have been over to Kirkby today..... U/D pics post 17

MissMinnie

Mama Doe
.... and we have adopted a beautiful pair of bunnies. (Photos to follow soon hopefully!!! Need my husband to help!!)

It was extremely hard to choose.

We have taken a male blue dutch and his friend, a female ginger coloured lop.

I cried all the way home. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

How Celia manages I do not know.

Anyway, will nip outside to get photos.

Last edited:
I see. Yes its heartbreaking that so many are unwanted. :(

That said you've just homed two so every little helps.

.... and we have adopted a beautiful pair of bunnies. (Photos to follow soon hopefully!!! Need my husband to help!!)

It was extremely hard to choose.

We have taken a male blue dutch and his friend, a female ginger coloured lop.

I cried all the way home. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

How Celia manages I do not know.

Anyway, will nip outside to get photos.

Well done - thank you for thinking of the Kirkby bunnies & giving 2 a home :D :love:

I *think* I know the ones you have adopted from your description - they are just beautiful :love::love::love:

Looking forward to piccies :)

well done for adopting Kirkby bunnies - My Monty came from there. I know what you mean it is amazing how Celia copes.
look forward to seeing piccies
xx

Thanks everyone. Im pleased we went there but I feel bad about the other rescues who on here that I havent helped on this occasion.

I do think the situation at Kirkby is a bit of a shock but the rabbits are VERY well cared for, fed, have companionship and vetinary care. Celia is obviously very experienced and is one remarkable lady. :D:D:D

I'm so glad you came home with two :love::love: I had no doubt that you would as there are so many gorgeous bunnies to choose from.

I agree, Celia is a remarkable lady.

Ooh, well done for deciding to adopt from Kirkby :)
Can't wait to see pics! How long had the pair been there? I wonder if I have met them. Haven't been in a while!

Ooh... I think I may know the ones you mean :D Can't wait to see pictures of them in their new home! Did you have a peek at the baby bunnies? and yup, Celia is amazing, everytime I go I learn new things!

:wave: We have both joined the Kirkby adopter's club as well as having littermate sisters. :D

I look forward to the photos.

An attempt at photos....

Rucksby & Phoebe supporting the England team...
20052010435.jpg

Phoebe...
23072010516.jpg

Rucksby - lives with Phoebe...
23072010515.jpg

Percy - new arrival from Kirkby
23072010507.jpg

Percy..
23072010505.jpg

Pepper - new arrival from Kirkby
23072010504.jpg

Percy & Pepper's new house...
23072010491.jpg

Poppy - aged 9 1/2 yrs...
23052010444.jpg

Chino - lives with Poppy...
23052010443.jpg

Last edited:
I love your set up, and the new bunnies look like they are enjoying exploring and seem to have settled in well:D

Last edited:
They settled in no trouble at all. Doesnt seem to have upset the other bunnies either.

Need to get Pepper spayed, I had forgotten what unspayed females were like!

Back