• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The rabbit and the sofa

Mazzawa

Young Bun
Basically we trained our bun well over 10 months ago now to jump up on the sofa, it became a bit of a game for him but he never stayed up for more than a few seconds then he was off!! We would love him to stretch out on the sofa like he does on the rug while he watches tv (he has favourite programs...or he just likes us "staring" at him!) but have no idea how to encourage this! He has kind of forgotten how to jump up so will need to reteach him. We can't pick him up (he thinks being picked up means a trip to the vets after recent events) so giving him a helping hand is out of the question, and he doesn't stay up long enough for treats really. Help?!

We treat him like a child/dog even though he isn't cuddly at all! Perhaps getting him to lie down on the sofa as we sit beside him might result in a little cuddle??!! :p

Let him do it himself. In a while you'll be cursing him for jumping up there and weeing ;)

mylo loves jumpin up and the sofa but he rarely stays on it, the odd time (about once a week) or when hes tired he will sit there while i sit next to him and stroke him, but not for too long, as soon as he hears a noise he jumps off!

He is a very cuddly bunny but he likes to be cuddled where he wants to go not where we want him to go! Often when i sit on the floor he will jump up on the sofa! :lol:

Akpo only jumps on our sofas if we aren't on them - think she likes them to herself :lol: She never lies down on them like she does on the blanket and elsewhere, she sees it as a place to explore I think, as soon as you walk over to the sofa she's on or sit down she hops straight off.

I think if your bun did it before he will be able to do it without training, maybe put his favourite snack up there and see if he goes for it?

Last edited:
Lucky jumps up but will not stop and snuggle either. :( I'd love him too tho.

He loves it when hubby falls asleep on there. He'll jump on his chest then scarper as if to say "I dont like you enough to let you sleep". It scares hubby to bits! :lol: Other than that he usually thumps at him. :lol: I'm sure he's playing games with him. :love:

Lucky jumps up but will not stop and snuggle either. :( I'd love him too tho.
:

thats the one thing id change about mylo...snuggle on the sitee a bit more!

If hes in a cuddly mood he will jump ontop of the sitee and sit on the back on the cushions and perch his little front feet on my shoulder to be cuddle and stroked but its all on his terms!!!!

Back