• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns in garages - what do you put on the floor?

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
As the title really! What have folks found that works best for bunnies in a garage? They've moved from a shed with hay covering the floor now to a garage and I'm unsure what to put down.

I've got an old carpet offcut I can use to keep them warm.... but would you cover this in hay too or newspaper, or put hay directly on the floor?? I think we need some hay down as Archie can get the start of sore hocks, but what works??

Thanks everyone!

Is seagrass matting likely to be any good in this situation (yes they can chew it but that's part of the fun!!)?

I have a garage bunny, and inside the hutch part she has carpet tiles, and in her run area we have the natural grass mats (made only from seagrass) from the Hay Experts which say "They are soft and thin to protect sensitive feet from the floor". You can, however, buy seagrass flooring by the metre to cover the whole area if its something that would be good here?

To date, we've never had a problems.

Hmm rubber matting - hadn't thought of that. Anyone got any links/ suppliers they've used please?

Will look into seagrass too!
Fab ideas!

Would this be suitable as flooring for my hutch too? Or would it get too hot in this heat?
If I were to buy the 6 x 4 sheet and cut in half.
I have a double storey 6 foot wide hutch & the flooring was advertised as ‘PVC’ but I think it is actually a pvc based paint instead, whereas I was expecting a more ‘rubber effect PVC’ finish.

Back