• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help with older bunny

Hi everyone
i'm new to the forum but i was hoping someone could help.

i had two 5 year old giant loop's, unfortunatly Smokie passed away last weekend and has left her forever mate Nanna behind. Nanna is blind and seems to be taking it really badly.
i did everything to the book i left nanna to say her goodbyes (as hard as it was to see nanna groaming smokie i still sat through it with her. i have been giving her lots of cuddle and attention to help her but she seems to be getting worse.
Nanna and Smokie were both rescue bunnies that i rehomed from a gentlemen that no longer wanted them. i rehabilited both of them to be loving again but now Nanna is reverting to her old ways.
What can i do?

i don't dare bond her with another bunny as she is so old and i fear i may lose her soon too, but i hate to see her like this.

please help

Caz and the mischievous seven
xxxx

I am so sorry that you have lost Smokie :(

I know larger bunnies don't live as long, but it is possible that Nanna could still have a couple of years in her so bonding again may still be an option :)

Hi everyone
i'm new to the forum but i was hoping someone could help.

i had two 5 year old giant loop's, unfortunatly Smokie passed away last weekend and has left her forever mate Nanna behind. Nanna is blind and seems to be taking it really badly.
i did everything to the book i left nanna to say her goodbyes (as hard as it was to see nanna groaming smokie i still sat through it with her. i have been giving her lots of cuddle and attention to help her but she seems to be getting worse.
Nanna and Smokie were both rescue bunnies that i rehomed from a gentlemen that no longer wanted them. i rehabilited both of them to be loving again but now Nanna is reverting to her old ways.
What can i do?

i don't dare bond her with another bunny as she is so old and i fear i may lose her soon too, but i hate to see her like this.

please help

Caz and the mischievous seven
xxxx

Maybe think about bonding her with an older bun? My Blue pined for about 2-3 weeks after we lost Ollie....it was heartbreaking to watch. For the first couple of days I slept on the kitchen floor with him :cry:

Back