• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A four foot double hutch

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
What would you say it was suitable for?

If it measured 4 foot long, two foot deep and was on two levels?

Just guinea pigs or a pair of small rabbits?

I wouldn't advertise it for buns as people might just leave them in it, but if they had constant access to a large run or aviary it would be fine :?

I wouldn't advertise it for buns as people might just leave them in it, but if they had constant access to a large run or aviary it would be fine :?

thats what im thinking. Im selling that big green double, the solid one. And i use it for small buns for boarding but i dont want to sell it for rabbits and then someone just not use a run, so ive listed it as

"suitable for small rabbits providing you also have a large run"... does that sound okay? I mean i cant control who buys it but i want to make it clear that they need a run too.

Tricky one - ideally piggies but maybe for rabbits if v small and had permanent run attached. Could you donate it to a rescue? That way a bun would never be in it for a long period of time

I cant afford to donate it to a rescue unfortunatly, i was going to but my boarding is 25% of what it was last summer so im massively struggling, and as were ending this summer anyway im selling this hutch as its my oldest. its in good condition its very solid.

I've got exactly the same dilemma... I have a 4 ft hutch/run combo that I need to shift. I personally don't think it's suitable for guinea pigs or rabbits! :?

I'd be quite happy to donate it to a rescue if it was any use...

It is a tricky one, I recently gave two 4ftx2ft hutches to a friends mother for rabbits, her rabbits were kept in tiny hutches so it was a great improvement, if not ideal...

How much are you selling it for? Rocky has completely eaten his thistle hall, the doors don't even shut properly and part of the floor is missing :roll: We desperately need to replace it. It would have a small run attached plus he gets time out in the large garden runs :)

It is a tricky one, I recently gave two 4ftx2ft hutches to a friends mother for rabbits, her rabbits were kept in tiny hutches so it was a great improvement, if not ideal...

Yes, that's what I keep thinking... although I don't think it's suitable for rabbits, having a run as well as the hutch would be an improvement for many. :?

Equally, a double hutch is better than a single.

I cant afford to donate it to a rescue unfortunatly, i was going to but my boarding is 25% of what it was last summer so im massively struggling, and as were ending this summer anyway im selling this hutch as its my oldest. its in good condition its very solid.

I know that feeling :(

Do you know any one that you could trust to attach a run to it? Or maybe a rescue who is rehoming some small buns could point someone in your direction?

Back