• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who would be interested...

Would you enter?

• Yes, count me in

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No thank you

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Starlight

Warren Veteran
In winning a PS3?

A fosterer had an idea to "raffle" a PS3 as a fundraiser for us.

People can buy tickets at £1 each, this goes on until X amount of tickets have been bought to cover the cost of the PS3, and then a raffle is hold to pick a ticket out of a hat.

What do people think?

I think the problem may be it could take a while to sell enough tickets to cover the costs so people might not want to wait?

I wouldn't enter cos Dave has a PS3 :lol:

Don't raffles become complicated because of licenses needed? I have never understood that side of things.

I think maybe something cheaper so you can cover the costs quicker. Although you could write to companies seeing if they will donate or let you have one at a reduced rate :)

A fosterer has been doing all the enquiries this past week, I am seeing them tomorrow so will know all the details then. I just thought it was better to see how much interest there was prior. To my knowledge, the PS3 has been donated, but i'll know more tomorrow :)

A fosterer has been doing all the enquiries this past week, I am seeing them tomorrow so will know all the details then. I just thought it was better to see how much interest there was prior. To my knowledge, the PS3 has been donated, but i'll know more tomorrow :)

If the PS3 has been donated should be minimal costs to cover , do you have a minimum amount you had in mind to raise? I think it could be hard work for little income, maybe if there were other prizes there would be more interest?

All is going towards our vet bill, so not really a sum in mind, the more the better realistically, as our bill is currently £900 and we have 17 to vaccinate, and 3 to neuter.

We are contacting other companies and seeing if they will donate, so may have a big raffle that will last until our fundraising event at the start of September to maximise fundraising.

I'm going to find out more about this PS3 idea tomorrow and find out exactly where it is coming from!

Back