• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New girly

cloughie

Banned
I popped along to a recue today to look at and hopefully reserve an orange girly bun called Tia...the bun was absolutely adorable...well until I poop 'her' bits out and thought eh-up...Pebbles has of these :erk:...sure enough Tia soon became Shawn :lol::lol:.

There were other loppy girls there...a harlequin called Maltilda and a grey/silver/blue?! bun called Pearl...I got that :smitten::smitten: feeling and walked out with Pearl in tow :lol:

So here she is...definitely going to change her name so any ideas will be appreciated :) also any ideas on colour and breed? I was told she was a large dwarf lop and boy she sure is...she is very chunky compared to Pebs (possibly overweight?)...I can't get over her dewlap...its mahooosive :erk::lol:

Not very good pics as she has been petrified all day so far so don't want to disturb her too much :)

DSC04438.jpg

DSC04434.jpg

DSC04432.jpg

The pics don't show her true colouring very well...she is a dark silver/grey around her face and shoulders and if fades into a lighter silvery tone towards the bum and belly and underneath she has tufts of white as well as white colouring around her nose.

Awwww she is lovely!! :love:

My name suggestion is Tiffany (I am wearing my tiffany bracelet today, and looked it as I was looking at her :oops:)

grey/silver/blue?! bun called Pearl

The colour is a chinchilla and I'd agree she's a dwarf lop. There is nothing dwarf about them, its just the name. In fact my dwarf lop is the biggest bun I own.

Her dewlap is pretty massive, If you think she feels overweight sometimes this will shrink as they lose it.

Thank you :)

A lot of people have said a chinchilla colouring :) its so tempting to call her Chinny Chin...seeing as it her colouring and she has a big 'chin' :lol:.

She seems to be settling in ok...she is very scared so will just leave her to it for a few days :)

No she is definitely not chinchilla, she is what is known as Opal. Same colour as my old frenchie George :) How about...... Opal :lol:

and can I add... :love::love::love::love::love::love: She is GORGEOUS! I love bunnies with dewlaps :oops:

Pebbles will fall head over heels for her. I like the name Pearl, I think it suits her, but if you want to change it, huhm... something delicate and smooth...

Custard
Vanilla
Mia
Luna
Spark

No she is definitely not chinchilla, she is what is known as Opal.

I don't think she's opal. Look at the first pic, the other two are a bit misleading.

I thought Opal was a Blue colour like Autumn (minirex) in this pic:

4519_205295970787_765045787_7104689.jpg

Where as Chinchilla is almost like a grey version of an agouite.

Bracken is Chinchilla, does your new bun look like this?

Bracken.jpg

I don't think she's opal. Look at the first pic, the other two are a bit misleading.

I thought Opal was a Blue colour like Autumn (minirex) in this pic:

4519_205295970787_765045787_7104689.jpg

Where as Chinchilla is almost like a grey version of an agouite.

Bracken is Chinchilla, does your new bun look like this?

Bracken.jpg

:lol::lol: She looks blue to me and not grey, its why I said Opal lol!

Back