• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumper at home July'10 very pic heavy

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
Most of you know Thumper's caecum hasn't worked properly for 7 months. Despite all, he looks remarkably well.
For Amy 107 the pomised photo of his tummy fur cut, cos he was breathing so fast to lose heat, he was getting dehydrated, & dry sneezing.The trim starts just below the liver. I'm holding his fur back. When it flops over there's only a small bald patch.
DSCF4846.jpg

I'm looking handsome.
DSCF4836.jpg

Just demonstrating the bunny spaghetti technique.
DSCF4840.jpg

Where's my tail gone?
DSCF4829.jpg

It's a hard life being a house rabbit.
DSCF4828-1.jpg

ETA
I've no idea how I put it here it was meant to be on Photos. Sorry Mods.

Last edited:
Despite being mid-moult his fur looks in very good condition indeed, especially considering how unwell he has been! :D

I love that first photo of the shaved tummy - so cute! :love:
He looks very happy with all of his lovely greens to eat...yum yum! x

Well Thumper, the Bun with the most famous poo issues, you have a spectacular moult pattern there too.

Well done lad :thumb:

Thank you so much for your compliments everyone.
It's obvious that I love him to pieces!

Yes, Sky-O I put out a lot of food for him. It's unlimited, but he knows what to eat to keep his tummy going. I get it wrong by doing what are supposed to be the right things. He always gets it right! You'll notice there's no hay. He gets all his fiber from ribwort, plantain & currently sloe leaves + brambles/raspberry leaves. They all have dual purpose. I really do defoliate the bridleways - but I guess that wild rabbits impact on the local flora too. :lol::lol:

Erm , He's still in his winter coat at the back & over his tummy. He just stopped mid moult. I've tried to tell him that a thick furry swimming suit isn't the height of summer fashion - he won't listen.

He's really playful again tonight, pinging the elastic of his cat toy, with masterful avoidance of the rebound!

Thumper looks amazing. You'd never know how poorly he's been. He's a credit to you.
He is very handsome too- I'd better not show my girlies the pictures or they might pack their little suitcases and come after him :love::love::love:

Thumper looks amazing. You'd never know how poorly he's been. He's a credit to you.
He is very handsome too- I'd better not show my girlies the pictures or they might pack their little suitcases and come after him :love::love::love:

Thank you so much. The big give away is his arrested moult, but no one would know it's his winter coat. It's up to me to bring him the right plants, but he is absolutely amazing at knowing how to get the balance right -fiber/nutrient/ fluid.
Oh, Lilbun, he's the most terrible male chauvenist when it comes to does, & it's my fault. The only doe he's ever met is his toy rabbit! Totally submissive, & never says "no". I tried him out once, by turning her round to face him (no, I didn't bite his ear!!!) He just got more determined:shock::shock::lol::lol:!!

Awww he is a handsome little chap, he looks quite bright eyed and bushy tailed considering his ailment - he's clearly spoilt and loving every minute, a lovely bunny :love:

awww he's gorgeous! And I agree with Jane, lovely moult pattern!!!

He looks very intelligent too!

:love::love::love:

Candiflare I couldn't believe how intelligent he is. For the 1st year I was in disbelief at what I was seeing, saying "he's a rabbit for heaven's sake"
I wondered if it was possible to communicate with him but didn't know where to begin. A 12-14 week rabbit sussed me out, & devised a "code" to express his wants to me. By 16-18 weeks I reckon he knew 60 of my words & phrases. I honestly think they are all like this. I was so fascinated by him, & cos I'm retired, I gave him 24/7 for his 1st. 2 months.
I knew that I had to try to respond to encourage him to communicate, or he'd give up, thinking I was stupid. The trouble was that my expectation was so low, I missed a lot at the start. I never expected anything as complex as "predators are ambushing me from behind blind corners, (of my run)"

Back