• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do?

willowflower27

Mama Doe
have a dilemma i have been asked by a friend to take her bunny rabbit a rather tempremental bunny now i would love to take him but i already have to bunnies at present plus loads of other animals and i'm about to start revision for my exams however my friend is at her wits end and unfortunately he hasn't bonded with any of her other buns and he's stressed and their stressed etc i've looked after him for a week whilst she's on holiday and he fits in well with my two brilliantly all of them in the run together thats 2 males and 1 female and no probs :shock::shock: but looking after him full time just seems incredibly daunting.

i just don't know what to do he's happier here but i'm not sure if i am if that makes sense i just don't know if i could do whats best by him due to all my other commitments.

not really looking for any "take him" "don't take him" here just need some opinions on what you would all do to help ease my mind here

sorry if i didn't make sense
thanks

What does your gut instinct say?

Could you afford vaccinations and vet care for an additional one?

Ultimately, whatever you decide is right for you and yours is right. What will she do if you can't take him?

it says i'll make room have a vet fund which i could add to for an extra bun put away a few pounds per week and finley is insured so could probably just about afford him.

if i can't take him she's looking at PTS as none of the local rescues would take him or we try and find another person willing to take him on the problem is he HATES people literally will tear me apart but he's so intelligent i mannage with minimal handling when he's here but i know many people wouldn't take him i look after him while she's away and he always slots right in never have fights etc and yet she has tried bonding also tried a rabbit rescue bonding and he just doesn't seem to gel i don't know what is different here but he just gets on with everyone even the guinea pigs in the next run don't bother him

If he will live with your pair happily then I can't see that keeping him would be much extra work. only you can decide really though :)

I do hope he finds some kind of home, it is horrific to think of a healthy rabbit being PTS for no reason :(

That's hard because its not just a choice about having a bunny and not having a bunny, its a choice between giving a bunny happiness or them dying.

I have found my trios are not anymore work or trouble than the pairs. I doubt he would be much more work unless obviously he got ill.

Sometimes rabbits come into our lives for a reason. Maybe there might be a reason that might become clear in due course.

Back