• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sadly Fudge was PTS yesterday.

Mel D

Warren Scout
Hi, I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and advice in the last few months. Fudge has been fighting all kinds of illnesses from a few months old. He had pasteurella and malocclusion He had to have all 6 front teeth removed at 6 mths as well as being castrated at the same time, he also had 2 more operations to have his back teeth burred down. Last August he started to drag one of his legs and was diagnosed with e cuniculi and was treated with panchor which fixed his leg problem but when the blood tests came back it showed bad kidneys and other high readings the vet gave him 4 weeks to live but he fought it for nearly another year but unfortunately last Friday he was taken into the vets with breathing problems the vet said he had fluid in his lungs and irregular heartbeat she gave him 2 injections and told me to return the following day which I did although his breathing was better he wasn't eating so the vet gave him 3 more injections but by Monday he had deteriorated and the vet agreed to pts.
He is being cremated.
His surviving partner bambi is grieving but has accepted one of our other male Rex rabbits who looks just like Fudge but his name is Smudge.
We will miss our Fudge very much he was only 3yrs old, rip my baby.:cry:

I'm so, so sorry to hear about Fudge. He sounds like he was completely awesome and so strong and was given the very best care. I'm glad Bambi has a new friend. To stay with Fudge through all that she too is an amazing bunny.

Binky Free Fudge

Back