• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

second hand hutch/run prices

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
What would you say is the average of second hand hutch prices? I know much of it is down to condition etc but i am going to start advertising my hutches and runs soon for sale on my website and do the local boarders incase any of them are interested so i want to get my prices right and i just wondered if anyone had any opinion. I can post photos if this will help.

I have -
2 Lavendar Lodges from Pets At Home - i would say average condition. new bolts and re painted but largely chewed inside due to the soft wood.

2 Thistle Hall Hutches - same as above

1 - 4 foot x 2 foot hutch - great condition no chew marks at all as it one of my old hutches from Peanut, so hardly used - is it okay for a single piggy or should it just be a shelter? it is 2 foot deep.

3 - 6 x 2 x 2 hutch in a "solid stack" they have to go as one hutch as the back is solid. Very good condition, only 2 years old and usually only used in summer so very good condition. Home made.

Three Zooplus Runs - the big metal ones. most in good condition, some missing a few pegs/bit bent in a few places but still in good condition, very useable no repairs needed.

I am either going to stick them all on ebay or advertise on my own website or in the paper. would just like some opinions on the prices if anyone has any?

Thanks

Hi :wave:

I would advertise on ebay. they are selling really well on there. I keep looking at runs and they are going for quite a bit. Id also put adverts on local petshops :) xx

Im going to try to avoid ebay as if i sold everything on there id pay so much in fees.
When the time comes to sell (september) i will re start my forum supporter as its just run out, advertise here, and in the paper and on my website :)

just wanted to know what the normal ammount to pay is really!

I also have puppy pens, canvas puppy pens, dog crates, indoor cages, :lol:

I've previously bought two thistle halls second hand. Both were £60. One was brand new, just assembled and then disassembled, and the other was very well used. Gives you an idea of the wide price ranges.

I think the £60 for the brand new one was really cheap.

Mum says i wont get more than £20 per one because theyve been chewed, i think £40, but i just dont know. there newly painted and new bolts and the chewed bits (im sure u know where, inside the door :lol:) has had extra wood fitted and painted so it doesnt need any repair or anything.

maybe ill put £40 and if they dont sell them ill reduce them.

Im going to try to avoid ebay as if i sold everything on there id pay so much in fees.
When the time comes to sell (september) i will re start my forum supporter as its just run out, advertise here, and in the paper and on my website :)

just wanted to know what the normal ammount to pay is really!

I also have puppy pens, canvas puppy pens, dog crates, indoor cages, :lol:

Ooooh - how many and how much do you want for them? :)

I hope selling goes well! The 4x2x2 hutch would be fine for two sow piggies living as a pair - two boars really need a bit more if possible. :) x

I sold two large cages on Preloved which is free so it might be worth advertising on there too. When selling my cages; I always put the higher end but maybe put ONO. Don't sell yourself short..... ;)

Im not sure how much im selling anything for yet, anything that i am selling will be available from 1st september.

i know some people have expressed an interest in the runs already so they may not be available, but im not sure on a price of those yet, there hard to price.

i might do my forum subscription over the weekend and advertise things and they can be reserved until september (no payment due until then). i am open to offers.

I only have one metal puppy pen, but i think by the time it was delivered it would probably be worth getting one new? As im assuming parcel force etc would be expensive for such a heavy item?

I hope selling goes well! The 4x2x2 hutch would be fine for two sow piggies living as a pair - two boars really need a bit more if possible. :) x

I sold two large cages on Preloved which is free so it might be worth advertising on there too. When selling my cages; I always put the higher end but maybe put ONO. Don't sell yourself short..... ;)

Ohh why's that? I never knew that. :) I have 3 girls though. ;)

Sorry I'm rubbish with prices. :roll: Just sell them for a price you wouldn't mind paying. :)

Im not sure how much im selling anything for yet, anything that i am selling will be available from 1st september.

i know some people have expressed an interest in the runs already so they may not be available, but im not sure on a price of those yet, there hard to price.

i might do my forum subscription over the weekend and advertise things and they can be reserved until september (no payment due until then). i am open to offers.

I only have one metal puppy pen, but i think by the time it was delivered it would probably be worth getting one new? As im assuming parcel force etc would be expensive for such a heavy item?

Ok no worries :)

Might be interested in your stack of 6ft hutches too but am happy to wait til September. x

Try www.parcelmonkey.co.uk Very easy to use, door to door service & great for large/bulky/heavy items. I shipped a couple of hutches through them. Use some bathroom scales to estimate the weight or just guess - it doesnt have to be 100% accurate.

Back