• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please Help please!

Paulina

New Kit
My rabbit Daisy has been limping today plus she keeps on falling over. Yesterday and today she sits in one place. I would like to know if i need to go to the vet with her and if i can do any thing to help her. My mum says that it might be because she sits in her cage for too long and she just has it a bit curled up can that be true?:cry: Im very worried.

You definitely need to take her to a rabbit savvy vet ASAP.

If it is due to sitting still then that means her accommodation is completely inappropriately small for her and needs to be bigger.

It sounds like it is a physical problem for her and she does need to see a vet.

Rabbits hide illness and injury very well. If your rabbit can not hide that there is a problem then the problem is probably pretty bad. You need a vet appointment asap :( I really hope i'm wrong but you need to find out for sure

Rabbits hide illness and injury very well. If your rabbit can not hide that there is a problem then the problem is probably pretty bad. You need a vet appointment asap :( I really hope i'm wrong but you need to find out for sure
thanque for advise i am very gratefull i will try and get an apoitment as soon as possible

and well she doesent make any noises and things like that but right this moment now shes jumping around the romm and sometimes she fine sometumes not i dont no what to think!

Best to get her checked out. Rabbits do suffer in silence, so noise is not an indicator. Behaviour is though andyou've noticed that's different. Best to be on the safe side.

Best to get her checked out. Rabbits do suffer in silence, so noise is not an indicator. Behaviour is though andyou've noticed that's different. Best to be on the safe side.
yes i gave it a shot and called the nearest vets they said that it seems like her leg is not injured but rather clapend which is a word for like curled becouse of a small amout of space for that long. they said i can come and see them tommorow in the afternoon and then they will tell me what exacly to do. thanque for your help ;)

:?
How big is her cage? How often dose she get to run around?

Good luck at the vets tomorrow :)

thenquee ;) well i bought her and the people at pets at home said its just for a rabbit like her but to be accurat its lets say about 90 times 45 aboutzz and she doesent get to run arount nearly at all but its going to change do u think it could be that curl thing then ?

If she stays in a cage that small then it could damage her physical health. We don't know what is wrong with her though, but you definitely need to make an effort to change her living situation.

The Rabbit Welfare Association say that a rabbit needs a cage that is a minimum of 6ft by 2ft, and also time to run around. It sounds like your bunnies cage is half that size and she doesnt come out much.

If she stays in a cage that small then it could damage her physical health. We don't know what is wrong with her though, but you definitely need to make an effort to change her living situation.

The Rabbit Welfare Association say that a rabbit needs a cage that is a minimum of 6ft by 2ft, and also time to run around. It sounds like your bunnies cage is half that size and she doesnt come out much.
But there is one problem i cant get a new cage because i dont have that much money and plus i will take her out dailey for at least 2 hours do you think she will be fine? :(

That's still not enough. Could you maybe buy a puppy pen A run with panels) and have the cage open so she can roam from the cage into the pen. Those are much cheaper but would still mean she can get more exercise.

But there is one problem i cant get a new cage because i dont have that much money and plus i will take her out dailey for at least 2 hours do you think she will be fine? :(

Animals cost money its really important you think about that before buying them. No she needs more than 2 hours a day exercise and she NEEDS a bigger cage, its cruel to keep her locked up in a cage she can't move in. Why not look on your local freeads or on ebay for a big dog crate? Or buy a big puppy pen?

Animals cost money its really important you think about that before buying them. No she needs more than 2 hours a day exercise and she NEEDS a bigger cage, its cruel to keep her locked up in a cage she can't move in. Why not look on your local freeads or on ebay for a big dog crate? Or buy a big puppy pen?

Althrough what you said is true its also mean! The others actually care about what i feel now im on my bed crying Do you think that i dont no those things that you said I think i do!!! And if you want to help me support me dont make me feel worse! And plus all the cages on e-buy are the exact same size as mine!

Last edited:
Back