• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted: Lionhead/lionheadxnethie or similar or lionlop-young adult

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Kittykat23uk

Wanted: Lionhead/lionheadxnethie or similar or lionlop-young adult

Physical Description: I'm looking for a small lionhead/lionhead cross or lion-lop. Doesn't have to be purebred and ideally not very fluffy overall but still with a "mane". Open to most colours other than REW or agouti (sorry).

Will need to be successfully bonded to male/female dwarf lop pair who are currently about 4 -5 months old:

Sprocket: Male bun very friendly & outgoing a real explorer bun- actively jumps on you for cuddles and chinned everything when we first brought them in. Doesn't seem to like being picked up, despite being very affectionate.

Widget: little female bun, friendly but more hesitant/nervous than Sprocket. I'm not sure but I think she might have been bitten by another bun at some point, has a bit of a scab on her shoulder but seems to be healing- she has been spayed recently but I'm not sure it's connected to that

Temperament: Ideally easy to handle and doesn't mind a fuss.
Age: young adult- but would consider older if could be successfully bonded.
Sex: either
Neuter Status: Neutered/speyed
Vaccination Status: Vaccinated
Health: I'd like one that I can insure so no preexisting illness or chronic conditions.
Type of home offered: 8x4ft dog kennel with split level kennel area, sharing with two dwarf lop crosses.

Location: Norwich (Norfolk)- can travel but don't really want to risk transporting buns too far in this heat & given need to test bonding would ideally like to find one close to home. I'm happy to wait a while until the right bun comes along. :D

Thanks,

Jo

Ian finds the red eyes a bit freaky:shock:. Widget is patterned white and agouti. Its not that I don't like them, but there are other colours which I'd prefer. I've owned, Gasket who was blue, Biffo was a sable nethie, Neelix was a sooty fawn, Tap was a dutch/english cross I think, Jasper was an orange nethie, these two new ones are broken black and white and agouti/white. I also love harlequin, reds, etc. :love::D

Aww that little bun is very cute but I've really got my heart set on a lionhead or lion cross- now if it could be a Lionhead with harlequin colours that would be pretty amazing!:love::love::love:

Maybe what you need is a very submissive bunny? One who can groom and give Widget what he needs?

Maybe you might find that quicker if you look for a bunny who is not specifically a lionhead, but more specifically a bunny who will fit in nicely with the trio?

Sky-O,

Thanks, I'm not desperate to get one more bun for the sake of having three. The most I've ever had is two. Its more because I miss Gasket so much. He was a super bun. I miss Tap too of course but Gasket was always the more freindly and outgoing of the two. :cry:

That said, if it would help they dynamics of the group then maybe I should think about it- Sprocket is the one who wants the grooming and Widget doesn't seem to be reciprocating, maybe because she's had a bad experience with another bun (or with him, I don't know).

I don't really know what to do for the best to be honest. :?

Sorry, I got confused with your bunnies.

Sometimes a trio dynamic can work very nicely, especially where one wants to be groomed and the other just does not want to do that. It might settle them down. Although, like with any new bond there are risks, and the greates with a trio is probably the original pair divorcing and ending up with a pair and a single, just with a different bunny being single, so it does carry risks. It might be worth looking into it though.

Okay thanks for the advice. Any other thoughts out there? Any single submissive lionhead/lion crosses that like to groom out there? ;) :love:

Back