• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG - I Dropped Dizzi!!!

Bitzy

Mama Doe
I feel absolutely awful!

Was just out at the hutch checking Dizzi's bum when she wriggled out of my arms and tried to jump back into the upstairs of the hutch but missed and fell ......I wasn't quick enough to catch her!!!

She hit the floor on all fours and then ran off up the run, I called her back and went to give a nose rub but she just cowered away from me and then thumped at me!!!

Anyhow, I've sat in the run with her for a bit and she came round after a few mins so I tried to feel her little body to check for damage ...... she seems to be ok ...... she's now eating and running and jumping like nothing's happened.

Is there anything specific I should be check her for?? Should I take her to the vets or just see how she goes on for a couple of hours??

OH thinks she's fine as she's acting totally normal like it never happened!

I feel terrible, that poor little bunny, I hope I've not hurt her.

Do you think she'll forgive me??

Sounds like she's ok, just keep an eye on her. A similar thing happened to me with Harvey the other day, he wriggled out of my arms and landed on his back and he was fine. My outside three always wriggle out of my arms :roll: and Harvey still licks my hands and snuggles me so I think he's forgotten all about it!

Thanks both ....... talk about feeling guilty!!

I'll continue to keep a close eye on her and see how she goes.

Jo x

it can happen so easily - I had one of my girls jump out my arms & as i caught her she jumped again - each timer getting higher & higher! She fell!:shock::cry:

She was quiet for a while but came round - was very worried....makes them very scared of handling too...

Now I always try & make sure I am sitting down or am on my knees so if they jump they wont have too far to land.....

Im sure shes fine - bless her.....:love:

Back