• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A couple of questions...

cloughie

Banned
How long after spaying a female bun should it be left before trying to bond to a neutered male?

How long does it take to recover from a spay? like for the wound to heal etc etc

Hum I swear I had more but my mind has gone blank :lol:

:wave:

Wow that's not very long compared to a male :)

I got a rescue female bun today...also called Pearl :lol:...she isn't spayed or vaccinated though :?

Wow that's not very long compared to a male :)

I got a rescue female bun today...also called Pearl :lol:...she isn't spayed or vaccinated though :?

if shes a fiesty madam you may have to wait months. Alvin was tried with butterfly at the rescue and she said a very definate no. she had only been spayed for a few months so will probably bod one day in the furture but deffo wasnt ready when she met Alvin :shock::shock:

How old were the buns? Hads the hormones had a chance to kick in? And were they fiesty rabbits before?

My Evie is easy to bond and had only been spayed a week when I introduced her to Albert and she was fine. Bella and Chloe have been spayed for two years and are still stroppy madams :roll:

My vet told me 2 weeks to go back to an existing bond and 6-8 weeks for a new bond, to be sure the wound wouldn't reopen if there was any fighting. He said something about they heal on the inside slower than the outside so they look healed before they actually are? Although I don't know if I've much faith in vets at the mo.

Back