• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight?

Hop.Skip.Jump

Warren Scout
What sort of weight should an averagely sized rabbit be? I have no idea what breed my rabbit is so don't really have guidelines for a recommened healthy weight. Can anyone give me a recommendation?

It varies! :lol: It's hard to tell without seeing the rabbit in person. You should be able to feel the spine when you run your hand over it but it shouldn't be protruding, same with the legs. A buns tum size is not a good indication of weight.

From looking at your signature, your bun looks around Old English size, and they should be around 3 kilos. Obviously this varies from rabbit to rabbit, and if your bun is a cross that changes things too. If you could post a bigger pic of your boy/girl someone may be able to give you advice breed wise. :wave:

Sorry for no reply, being away at the agricultual shows with sheep over the weekend.
SAM_7497.jpg

does this one help any? :)

Aaah. She's giving you a noserub right back to you. :) Looking for a hubby for her, because her sis bullied and beat her up so she's a lonley bun at the mo. Hope she doesn't get to lonely though :(

We can't really know but you could try taking her to the vet )or waiting until she next needs to go) and asking what he thinks of her condition is and how her weight is compared to her size, etc.

Back