• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training - quick question

emmalou

New Kit
Hi my 10 week old bunny appears to be weeing in her litter tray all the time after 2 days of having it, but she is still pooing everywhere!! I keep putting the poo in the tray, is there anything else that I could try to help her get the hang of the poo like she has the wee??

Thanks
Emmalou x

You will always get stray poo. Hopefully when she is spayed it will get easier though. Right now she is probably using her poo to mark her territory because her hormones will be coming in, so theres not much you can do right now.

I agree! The poo will always fly everywhere!! But give it time, you will learn to love poo, study it and tell a lot about your bun from it! Embrace the poo!! It's fun to sweep up - it rattles around in the dustpan!!:D

You're doing much better than me! My 14 week old bunnies are still weeing and pooing everywhere! They *were* weeing in the same places - until I put litter trays there this evening! And they literally poo everywhere - as they are hopping about they just leave a trail! I could probably cope with the stray poos though as they don't cause much mess. But the weeing is really starting to get to me...

Males are neutered younger than females are spayed. I think I had to wait until Lola was 21 weeks or something. Benson was 12 weeks.

Pepper was done at 12 weeks and she's a girl. Though when they took her along they did think she was a boy! I guess the vet thought they may as well do it anyway!

Back