• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you remove a piece of fur on a rabbit's eyes?

My OH just sticks his finger in there. A clean finger for a second will do less harm than a hair stuck there for days!

This is happening with my bunnies a lot at the moment, they're all moulting something awful!

I tap gentley in the corner of their eye, it makes them blink, if you do it a few times they should just blink the fur out. :):wave:

I had an issue with a giant blob of fur directly over the pupil of one of my buns. I wasn't sure what the advice was for such a situation, but I wet a few cotton pads and just wiped his eye for a while. It was pretty tricky as he kept closing his eye whenever anything got near it (which blocked off all access to getting it out...!) but perserverance and a supply of pellets to keep him busy while I worked on it paid off :wave:

Blow into their eye gently to make them blink, then when its easy to get, restrain them and really gently get the piece of fur out

I just remember I did use natural tear drop of my bridge bun Bernie a few yr. ago for the same problem. I guess the liquid just wash out the fur. I can't risk using my finger or anything that can have bacteria on it

Back