• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrr

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Over the past few days I've asked OH to feed the bunnies and piggies their veg for me, because I've been busy. He's been picking the freshest stuff out and leaving the older stuff for so long it's gone off!! Like feeding the parsley that goes out of date on 23rd and leaving the parsley that's out of date on the 15th :evil: he's also been cutting their stuff into tiny pieces and not putting enough in for everybody

He'll also feed them their veg, and I'll come in a few minutes later and the water bottle is nearly empty and he will have just ignored it :evil:

:roll: I know he's only trying to help, but why not just ask if you don't understand??

mine doesnt do it all - unless he realllly has to, but thats partly because I dont let him - he never does it right!!! :oops:

Just said to him, 'we need to clean the piggies out, will do it when my program finishes', he went 'oh ok' (I was subtly hinting that he could make a start :lol:). When we're cleaning out he'll **** and moan, when he could have just done it himself and saved time

Just said to him, 'we need to clean the piggies out, will do it when my program finishes', he went 'oh ok' (I was subtly hinting that he could make a start :lol:). When we're cleaning out he'll **** and moan, when he could have just done it himself and saved time

... can't blame him - I have a bit of a huff and puff when I clean my piggies out!!! Write him a list of instructions and check boxes, like I do for my pet sitter!

Write him a list of instructions and check boxes, like I do for my pet sitter!

On the odd occasion that I leave my bunnies in the care of my hubby, I prepare all their food in advance and put it in labelled plastic bags in the fridge (pellets and all) so that all he has to do is open the correctly labelled bag "Lops(end of garden) Friday morning" etc and tip contents into appropriate bunnies. I certainly wouldn't leave him to select what to feed them himself!

On the odd occasion that I leave my bunnies in the care of my hubby, I prepare all their food in advance and put it in labelled plastic bags in the fridge (pellets and all) so that all he has to do is open the correctly labelled bag "Lops(end of garden) Friday morning" etc and tip contents into appropriate bunnies. I certainly wouldn't leave him to select what to feed them himself!

Sounds like a really good idea!

Back