• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Design our logo- winner announced!

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
As previously talked about we are now going ahead with our 'design a logo' fundraiser.

The requirements are it must be relevant to what we do- we are an animal sanctuary that will take in any type of animal assuming we have the space and finances.

It must contain our registered charity number- SC 041616

I would like it to have bottle green on it somewhere ( because I like green :oops:)

It must look good in colour and black and white.

It also must look good large and small- eg letter head to poster size.

The closing date is 7th of August 2010.

The prize will be a mug with your design on it and a year's free sponsorship of one of our animals, of your choice. We will send the prize out as soon as we have the mug made.:D

We are asking for a pound per entry and payment can be by paypal to sponsorship@halfpenny-farm.co.uk, if you don't have paypal and want to enter please pm me.

Last edited:
What animals do you have? I know theres a good variety! :lol:

im going to have a go at this if i can!:lol:

What animals do you have? I know theres a good variety! :lol:

im going to have a go at this if i can!:lol:

Great, thanks.:wave:

We have-
cats
dogs
rats
parrotlets
kakrikis
chickens
ducks
quail
horses
pigs
sheep
goats
rabbits
guinea pigs

This may be a really silly question, but can it be drawn on paper or does it need to be designed on the computer? :oops:

oh thats a good selection, i have two designs in mind :D might enter twice :oops: am i allowed?

there both very similar but different variations. :D

hope lots of people have a go :D

If you want to do it on paper, pm me and I will send you our address.:D

You can enter as many times as you like- the more designs the better.:D

what words would you like aside from the charity info etc?? "Halfpenny Farm" "Halfpenny Farm Sanctuary" etc?

We would like 'Halfpenny Farm Animal Sanctuary'. Can you tell we've never done anything like this before.:lol:

Just realised, I haven't told people where to send their entries-
you can post them (pm me for our address), or you can send an e-mail to contact@halfpenny-farm.co.uk.

I would be nice if people wanted to post them on here too, if you want to.:D

Last edited:
ive worked really hard on this, i dont have photoshop so its a very basic paint effort. not sure on the quality to be made bigger but i think it shrinks to logo size ok :oops:

halfpennyfarmlogo.jpg

be gentle with me ladies :oops::oops::oops:

i will send my entry fee by cheque on Monday.

just about to send the email with my entry too :wave::wave::wave:

Heres mine. I will PM payment in a bit :)

I got almost all the animals in there :lol:

2412zie.jpg

i can change fonts and colours etc if need be, but thats a draft :lol: also if its too big, i could always condense it, if you needed it for smaller things.hope its okay :oops:

These are both great.:D
I'm glad the comittee will be involved in the final descision, as I will want them all.:oops:

Just a reminder (having worked a bit in a design area) that you need to check that you can use images before you incorporate them in a logo - either using photos or pictures off the web you'll need to make sure you have copyright permission (we don't want the sanctuary to get into legal problems) :wave:

Just a reminder (having worked a bit in a design area) that you need to check that you can use images before you incorporate them in a logo - either using photos or pictures off the web you'll need to make sure you have copyright permission (we don't want the sanctuary to get into legal problems) :wave:

i got permission from Halfpenny before i used her pic :D:D:D

OMG sarah your entry is AMAZING :love::love::love::love:

oh poop im sorry, i forgot the cheque today.. ill deffo post it tomorrow :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

This is annoying - my designs are in word, and I can't put them in here. I can do the design side of things but not the technical side - aaarrrggghhhhhhh:evil:

open paint and paste what you just print screened and save as a jpg then you can put it onto photobucket :D

Back