• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody use a garden vacuum.......

mia'n'patch

Alpha Buck
for clearing up bunny poo?

Now the warmer weather is here, i'm afraid the buns are going to have to share the garden with my little boy. Knowing what toddlers are like for sticking things in there mouth I need to be able to clear up pretty well after the buns and sweeping the grass doesn't clear enough away. (If there's one bit of poo left, my son WILL find it!)

I'm looking into getting a garden vac for the job, and I just wondered if anybody uses one for this purpose and how well they pick up the poo.

I'm trying to convince the buns to use a litter tray in the garden, but they're not having any of it. :roll:

I do, it's called a rake:lol:

I use a little hand rake - from Wilkinsons or similar like this http://www.buyspares.co.uk/product.pl?pid=2054518&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products

and then use a dust pan and brush to finish.

I have to say I think garden vacs are awful. A lot of noise and energy to do very little. If I had a quid for all of the ones I have seen at car boots or offered up on Freecycle, I would be doing okay. I think they are pretty useless, but then I don't like any power tools for jobs that can be done by hand better.

Are they neutered? That will help with litter training. Also try a few trays in various spots. If they have free access between their normal tray and outdoors they are more likely to use it.

I would worm them regularly as a precaution and then not worry too much :oops:

Are they neutered? That will help with litter training. Also try a few trays in various spots. If they have free access between their normal tray and outdoors they are more likely to use it.

I would worm them regularly as a precaution and then not worry too much :oops:

Yep, both are neutered. Homer is good as gold using his tray when in the hutch, but when he's out in the garden he poos as he munches. In one end out the other!. Lexi is new to the family, she came to me from The Rabbit Residence just 2 weeks ago and she just goes anywhere she feels like. I know I have to give her chance to settle in properly and i've got litter trays in all corners of the rabbit shed and garden now in the hope she'll use one of them and i'm chasing her round and putting anything she does in the trays so she gets the hint.

I know it's going to take a while to sort, but in the mean time I need to keep garden as bunny poo free as poss cos of baba.

ETA Homer has been panacur'd every 4 months since i've had him and Lexi has just had what I believe is her first worming. She was with Caroline for 3 months and I don't know if her previous owners did it.

Last edited:
Back