• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dolly is now Dodger -Incisor removal

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
I took my two new buns to the vets last Tuesday to be told that Dolly was in fact a buck, so he's now known as Dodger:oops:

His incisors were already overgrown, so I decided to have them removed yesterday whilst he was in for neuter.

This was him on Monday, although they were very overgrown, they didn't seem to give him any problems with eating.

005-18.jpg

Here's the teeth that were removed:mrgreen:

027-1.jpg

He's eating, drinking and pooing - thankfully the ordeal doesn't seem to have upset him too much:D

Last edited:
Awwww Dodger's gorgeous!

Glad he's eating/drinking/pooping ok (despite being a bit gummy ... blesss).

I've never met a bunny without incisors before (but I am new to the bunny-world), can they still eat all the stuff they normally eat?? .... sorry not very clued up on teefs yet (learning all the time tho).

Wow! Bet he's relieved to have those out. And for people to know he really is a boy :lol:

I hope his recovery is speedy :)

Wow! Bet he's relieved to have those out. And for people to know he really is a boy :lol:

I hope his recovery is speedy :)

When the vet said I've got something for you, lets just say I was glad it was his teeth in the bag and not anything else:shock:

Dodger is quite young and I think he'd only just got his plums, he's very fluffy so it was hard to find them:oops:

Oh bless, I am so pleased he is OK, I think he is well rid of those teeth as well as his plums, I am sure he will do great with your care, well done

When the vet said I've got something for you, lets just say I was glad it was his teeth in the bag and not anything else:shock:

Dodger is quite young and I think he'd only just got his plums, he's very fluffy so it was hard to find them:oops:

My vet was actually telling me the other day that he'd put a set of bunny plums in a tub for the owner to see :shock:

I'd die if he did that to me .....he did present me with Jasmines incisors though which was gross enough thank you very much!

My vet was actually telling me the other day that he'd put a set of bunny plums in a tub for the owner to see :shock:

I'd die if he did that to me .....he did present me with Jasmines incisors though which was gross enough thank you very much!

:mrgreen: The teeth were more than enough thank you:lol:

I have two inscisorless bunnies and they do just fine. Grimlock had his out at three years old and finds it a little hard so he eats excell pellets as they're bunny mouth sized and likes his veg in tiny peices. Dexter had his out at a few months old and he copes just fine and stuffs his face with huge bits of veg. :lol:

I'm sure your bun will be fine just watch out for teeth re growing!

I have two inscisorless bunnies and they do just fine. Grimlock had his out at three years old and finds it a little hard so he eats excell pellets as they're bunny mouth sized and likes his veg in tiny peices. Dexter had his out at a few months old and he copes just fine and stuffs his face with huge bits of veg. :lol:

I'm sure your bun will be fine just watch out for teeth re growing!

Snap:lol: Dodger is my 2nd gummy bunny:D to be honest he seems to be coping better than before, I just chop his veg up, unfortunately he's still on mix (he's a new arrival) he doesn't seem to like any pellets I've tried him on:?

Harry is my other gummy bunny, his were removed in May, and although his peg teeth have come back he's managing fine, he prefers Science Select pellets, it looks like he's smoking a small cigar when he picks them up:lol:

I have a gummy bunny too.

My lad manages fine with mostly everything, just needs smaller chopped veg, although he will tackle full sized things given half the chance!

There are loads on here.

Awww Sue, What a little sweetie. Is he another Sooty Fawn lop?!!!???:lol:

Glad he is doing ok. Bless him.

Ha ha. When we had Boris the bull castrated I went up the field as I couldn't watch. When I came back down his plums were proud as punch on the bench in the stable yard.:shock::shock: They looked like massive haggis's and Jon said it made him feel inadequate................I said it made me feel sick!:lol:

Awww Sue, What a little sweetie. Is he another Sooty Fawn lop?!!!???:lol:

Glad he is doing ok. Bless him.

Ha ha. When we had Boris the bull castrated I went up the field as I couldn't watch. When I came back down his plums were proud as punch on the bench in the stable yard.:shock::shock: They looked like massive haggis's and Jon said it made him feel inadequate................I said it made me feel sick!:lol:

:shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

Glad Dodger is still doing ok Sue :D :love:

no front teeth

My last buns (too interbred) had their teeth taken out too. I used to grate their carrot for them and shred greens for them. make sure they have plenty of hay to nosh to keep back teeth smooth! Hope bunny is ok!

Back