• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for a hutch

Lydia28

New Kit
Hi everyone,

I am very new to this. I am looking to adopt a pair of rabbits from a local rescue but i don't a hutch at the moment. Please can you let me know if anyone knows of someone looking to sell one or point me the right direction of where i can get a good sized one. (preferably in Cambridgeshire) Any help greatfully received.

Last edited:
Have you checked with the rescue to see what their minimum housing requirements are first? Most would like at least a 6x2 hutch with at least a 6x4 run attached (ssome say bigger than that) so it's best to check what the rescue would approve of before you buy. ;)

Hi everyone,

I am very new to this. I am looking to adopt a pair of rabbits from a local rescue but i don't a hutch at the moment. Please can you let me know if anyone knows of someone looking to sell one or point me the right direction of where i can get a good sized one. (preferably in Cambridgeshire) Any help greatfully received.

I agree that it would make sense to speak to the rescue that you are going to adopt from. For example, the Wood Green Animal Shelter in Godmanchester near you (I guess) has a strict size requirement including a 10ft run as a minimum.

So, I'd speak to the rescue first as they may be able to suggest a good local maker.

If all else fails, then try an online supplier as you can get something bigger delievered direct to you rather than having to collect it in a van.

I recommend (and have examples from all) Forsham Cottage Arks, Kernow Pet Housing, RSPCA - larger centres only, and wendy houses too.

A less expensive supplier would be Happy Hutch but be sure to get the biggest one they do as most of their small hutches aren't suitable for rabbits.

Good luck.

Helen

Back