• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orange wildie

Keky

Warren Scout
Was down at my parent's house and my dad showed me some photos he took of one of the orange wildies they have running about. S/he is soo tiny, how old do you think it is? :love:

Grrr stupid Flickr won't show the photos Clicky here instead

ETA: Moved to photobucket instead.

CONVAR31.jpg

CONVAR24.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think he could possibly catch them and send them to me?!!

I'm actually IN LOVE!!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

We seem to have had quite a lot of non agoutis this year, my mum said she seen a black one too, but I've only seen the orange and agoutis when I've been walking.

Hmm wonder if I could catch a wee girl for my single Harley :lol:

They are soo cute and my dad said the one he took the photos of was binkying!:love: Although I'm not sure he quite understands anything other than periscoping!:roll:

Aww, that is an unusual wildie. I've seen black ones before but not orange. Maybe their is some domestic back in the ancestry somewhere.

It looks about 8 weeks old :)

Looks rather domestic to me. It definately has domestic in it's line i would say if it is a wildie. Very beautiful. I'd be tempted to think that was a released litter though.

There has been more than one over the past couple of months running about the fields so we assumed that they were wild, though possibly with a domestic background due to the colouring :lol:

awww same colour as my frenchie:love: what a gorgeous bunny, I have never seen a orange or back wildie before:love::love::love:

Perhaps a male pet bunny escaped and had some fun :lol::lol:

They are beautiful! I hope they get on ok in the wild. That can't be the best colour for camouflage :(

Thats not wild, or at least its not supposed to be! Its either a dumped litter, or a litter from an escapee mated with a wildie, or maybe even a dumped pregnant pet (or maybe a pet mating with a wildie). Pale rabbits just dont survive in the wild (even if born wild) due to the fact they cant hide well from predators. I'd be inclined to catch them and put them back where they belong. :(

Thats not wild, or at least its not supposed to be! Its either a dumped litter, or a litter from an escapee mated with a wildie, or maybe even a dumped pregnant pet (or maybe a pet mating with a wildie). Pale rabbits just dont survive in the wild (even if born wild) due to the fact they cant hide well from predators. I'd be inclined to catch them and put them back where they belong. :(

my first thought as well, but I know nothing about rabbit genetics so I didn't say

I agree dont think they stand a chance :(

Unless it's actually a dumped domestic (unlikely if this isn't the first one) then it's behaviour is going to be wild as are at least half its genes, probably more. It's grown up wild and at 8 weeks old it would be very unlikely to ever live happily as a pet. Orange isn't so far off natural colour, probably more camouflaged than black.

I can understand the urge to protect it but I wouldn't recommend taking any wild animal from the wild just because it's albino.

How bizarre:shock: it almost looks like it's tame doesn't it, the body language isn't skittish or nervous, you got quite close to it aswell by the looks of it, where you hidden/camouflaged at all? How many have you seen?

My Roger was a black wildie caught by a well meaning RSPCA Inspector. I love him and all but for his sake I wish he had never been caught. He's happy and stuff but it must be stressful for him.

Back