• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel Really Bad :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Every night we let biscuit free range in the living room under supervision of me and the OH.

The living room isn't bunny proofed (it's nearly impossible!) so we have to 'set it up' each night - i move one of the sofa's across the room to block an area with holes to the back of the other sofa, put empty big boxes up to cover other areas etc.

Biscuit was hopping around like his normal crazy self up on the sofa, through his fabric tunnel etc and i got up to go and get a drink. Now im normally really careful about him walking around my feet as he follows me everywhere when he's out, but for some reason, this time he didnt follow immediately as was licking my OH's feet (!).

As i was walking to the living room door he bolted from her feet to mine and i kicked him, not hard but firmly in the side of the head. He stopped, jumped off and shook his head about 4 or 5 times. He seems fine, i checked him over as much as i could (he's not a 'picky up' bunny) and he seems fine and he's eating and drinking and playing around still and this morning he's still the same as ever, lazing in the sunshine in his bed tray.

Is there anything in particular i should check for, i just can't believe i let my guard down for a few seconds.

Feel really awful about it, probably shouldnt, i know bunnys are more resilient than we give them credit for but all the same, he's my little man and i wouldn't want to do anything to hurt him.

Poor Biscuit :cry:

Awww, if it helps there have been several threads in the past where lots of us have admitted to accidentally kicking our bunnies, myself included. :(

They seem to have a knack of running in between your feet or round your legs as you're walking and they sometimes appear out of nowhere to do it.

The chances are he was just dazed; as he's eating and acting normally, I would suggest he's probably ok now but just keep a close eye on him. If he goes off his food, hunches in a corner or just generally acting very out of character, then that may be a sign of pain and he would need a vet.

Thanks Karen :)

I just couldnt believe it, managed 4 months without doing it - it's something i've been petrified about since we brought him home, had him since he was 8 weeks.

Thanks for your re-assurance. He's fast asleep in his bed box (cat litter tray with a towel draped over it) at the moment, but i go downstairs every half hour to check on him (i work from home).

Think im paranoid about him too much, i guess we all are about our buns!

Had buns when i was little, but they sat in a smallish hutch outside the back door or at the bottom of the garden...i knew nothing back then and just liked stroking them! Now i know more, i want him to be as happy as possible!

Thanks again ! :D

Yes I have done it a few times and they have been fine - I'm not sure when I kicked Fudge that he even realised it was me that had done it

this is why i dont wear shoes in my house. bunnies and chippies all get kicked when i dont realise they are by my feet.

Holly i think even trys to set me up.. i swear she throws herself at my feet :?

I think you've done really well if you've managed not to send him flying for a whole 4 mths before now. ;) Hopefully he'll be fine. :):)

I know he's alright now. He's managed to escape his pen again. He's current flopped on the floor just outside my office (he never comes in!?) just looking up at me as if to say "hey, attention please?"

Guess he noticed that i havent been downstairs for a bit...!

haha @ bunny throwing herself at your feet, sounds like i've got lots to live with for the next few years :D Look forward to it!:lol:

I have hoofed Carlo when he dashes out at me early in the morning, thing is he doesn't stop to squeeze past me, and get into my room. (he loves it there)

Pie has binkyed into my foot as I was walking out the room once. Poor thing, she was in a right strop after that! :roll::lol:

this is why i dont wear shoes in my house. bunnies and chippies all get kicked when i dont realise they are by my feet.

Holly i think even trys to set me up.. i swear she throws herself at my feet :?

Lol! It's the same with Lucky. He also tries to nick my seat a lot - i've nearly had a squished Lucky on a fair few occasions! :oops:

Pie has binkyed into my foot as I was walking out the room once. Poor thing, she was in a right strop after that! :roll::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Awwww I love Pie!

I once hit Pickle in the side of his head with his ceramic food bowl (made a loud "clunk") and Timmy jumped out of my arms when he was a few months old and landed on his side on the grass......felt terrible both times, really upset, but they were both fine!

They do like to hover under my foot when I climb into the run though, have to be very careful there

Back