• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are c&c cages any good for buns?

Your posts were at 1am in the morning here so not a good time for replies!

Many of us have cages similar to that. As long as it's 6' by 2' by 2' then it's fine. :thumb: I myself have something similar. I'll go find a pic.

This is one not long after we made it...

_IGP6271_CONV-vi.jpg

And this is more recent...

Photo0225-vi.jpg

(Lid added, door changed to open outward, less stuff, larger litter tray tucked under the shelf, etc)

I actually prefer having a dog crate and fulltime free-ranging buns myself because I think it's sturdier but the grids are useful. Those grids were from Ebay and are designed to make storage cubes.

Last edited:
Thankss :) im from UK aswel lol was just up late... what about using cloroplast? and using a fleece to cover it.. and was thinking of doing two levels ... ???what you all think?

I am currently in the process of building a cage using C&C grids. It is 3 storeys - the buns have the bottom level, and the top two levels are for the guinea pigs. Each level is 6ftx2.5ft. I will send you pictures if you like, when I am finished. (should be done by tonight but won't get pictures up till tomorrow evening).

I am currently in the process of building a cage using C&C grids. It is 3 storeys - the buns have the bottom level, and the top two levels are for the guinea pigs. Each level is 6ftx2.5ft. I will send you pictures if you like, when I am finished. (should be done by tonight but won't get pictures up till tomorrow evening).

Thankss!!!! Thats the exact thing im going to do but its going to be 2 levels for my bun.. itl be 3 squares wide and 6 squares long :) Where did you buy the nic cubes from? They are so expensive on ebay =[ x

Back