• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes needed please peter having another dental tommorow.

barbara forster

Warren Scout
Peter is 7. last year he had his first dental. His top teeth dont grow down anymore but out to the sides and rub/cut into his cheeks. Now its every 6-8 weeks he needs them doing. His top teeth on one side are now also loose!.
Is it a big job to take out top teeth. I know the bottom teeth wouldnt have anything to work against but to be honest they arent growing as fast as the top and the vet can manage to clip them without anaestetic.
i am really worried as he isnt good after the anaestetic and everytime he goes under is a risk
thanks

:( Good luck and lots of vibes for Peter! Seven is a good old age, but it is something that needs doing. Is it a big operation are they actually removing the teeth? i hope he's okay and makes a full recovery xxx

peter is through the anaestetic. i have an appt at 5 to pick him up and see the vet. it is to get his back teeth trimmed but the top ones are loose. it may be that we have to have them removed. Oh its a real worry.

peter's dental u/d

Peter has come home and is recovering well. The last vet we saw said his teeth were loose but the vet today said they were'nt. anyway he is doing good :)

Tim the vet wanted to see me at 5 to tell me it was his last day working at our vets. Thats very sad news for us lot as Tim is a really good vet but he has an opportunity to have his own practice so good luck to him. We will miss him. Its sad when a someone you feel comfortable with and trust leaves.

Only just seen this. . .I'm glad Peter is doing well. *sending Peter more recovery vibes*

I'm sorry your vet is leaving. It is sad when you loose someone that knows how to take care of rabbits proficiently. Is your vet moving far away?

I'm glad to hear Peter got through the op ok and is back home. :love:

Such a shame about your vet, when you have built up such trust in him. :(

Back