• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obese rabbit - how much should she weigh? (photos)

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I met this girl today, she is a very large breed but also incredibly overweight :(

I was stroking her in that soft place on the back of the neck below the ears...thought it didn't feel right...had a look and she has ROLLS of fat there :shock::shock:

I know it's impossible to judge exactly but can anyone tell from the photos roughly how much she should weigh? She's 17lb at the moment.

004-7.jpg

One with my hand for scale (bear in mind I have enormous hands)

005-5.jpg

She looks a similar size to Frankie in shape. I would guess about 2.3 - 2.7 kg. How much does she weigh? She is a beautiful colour. Need to get her active with a treat ball :lol:

I don't know how much she should weigh, but my (overweight) cat weighs less than that :shock: She must be a biiiig girly.
She's beautiful though. I hope you manage to get her weight down so she can be healthy too :)

Is she spayed? It may just be me or the photos, but she doesn't look huuugely obese to me, more rolls of fur for pulling out to line nests! My Harry is a good weight for his size and he's just over 3kg and he looks much smaller than her - it's a bit hard to tell how big she is from the photo so I'd hate to 'guess' at a weight really :?

Is she spayed? It may just be me or the photos, but she doesn't look huuugely obese to me, more rolls of fur for pulling out to line nests! My Harry is a good weight for his size and he's just over 3kg and he looks much smaller than her - it's a bit hard to tell how big she is from the photo so I'd hate to 'guess' at a weight really :?

She doesn't look as bad as she feels - she literally has rolls and rolls of flab all crowding each other, it's vile, I've never seen anything like it - the back of her neck looks like a stack of tires. :shock: She's not spayed yet but will be once she's slimmed down.

She's at least twice the length of my Skye who is 2.5kg so I would expect her to level out at substantially more than that...I guess it's impossible to tell really, I'm just impatient and curious :lol: She's going to be stunning though :love:

She looks a similar size to Frankie in shape. I would guess about 2.3 - 2.7 kg. How much does she weigh? She is a beautiful colour. Need to get her active with a treat ball :lol:

17lbs or 7.65 kg :shock:She came with a treat ball made for a dog :lol: but she's not very interested. Hoping she'll run about more when shes settled in.

If she's frenchie size then I'd say around 5kg is a healthy weight,compared to the 8kg she is now.But if she has some giant in her then 6-7kg is the average.

Without being able to see and feel her its quite difficult to judge!

she looks of a similar build to when I got Noisette and she came to me at 8kgs. She weighs a very (lean) healthy weight of 6.4kgs now and have been ordered she can't put any weight on!

I would say she should weigh around 5.5-6kgs but agree with other comments, it is difficult to tell :) We need a BMI for bunnies!!

Yeah I am asking the impossible really :lol: I just can't wait for her to be slim and active again, the poor fatty :(

She's been fed on dog bowls full of musli mix which may explain it!

Back