• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Beapher anti parasite (spot on)

Grace65

Warren Veteran
:wave:
Hello, ive notices charlie and gracie have been a bit itchy this last few days and have bought some beaphar spot on but am too scared to use it.

Is it ok to use it on them both together at the same time? im a bit concerned as they groom one another they may ingest it?

I cant find any actual mites or fleas but a small amount of what looks like dry skin flakes on charlies back, any one have any advice as to whether they can be treated at the same time? xxxxxxx

:wave:
Hello, ive notices charlie and gracie have been a bit itchy this last few days and have bought some beaphar spot on but am too scared to use it.

Is it ok to use it on them both together at the same time? im a bit concerned as they groom one another they may ingest it?

I cant find any actual mites or fleas but a small amount of what looks like dry skin flakes on charlies back, any one have any advice as to whether they can be treated at the same time? xxxxxxx

Hiya Julie.
I think maybe take the stuff back and get some Xeno450.
Sounds like Charlie boy has mites...Not surprised..hes had it rough of late.xxxx

I used Beaphar on my piggies and it cleared up their mites straight away :wave:

might be worth checking with the vet first to make sure it isn't a fungal skin infection though. But Beaphar is cheaper and more effective than the injection the vets use

Hiya Julie.
I think maybe take the stuff back and get some Xeno450.
Sounds like Charlie boy has mites...Not surprised..hes had it rough of late.xxxx

i think the xeno is the same as the spot on anyway?
its not that im more worried about gracie grooming the back of his neck?

I used Beaphar on my piggies and it cleared up their mites straight away :wave:

might be worth checking with the vet first to make sure it isn't a fungal skin infection though. But Beaphar is cheaper and more effective than the injection the vets use

Im going to try the beaphar first as ive heard its excellent, my only concern is grace licking it off as im going to treat them both at the same time just to be sure, do you think they will both be ok if they groom each other? xxxxxx

Im going to try the beaphar first as ive heard its excellent, my only concern is grace licking it off as im going to treat them both at the same time just to be sure, do you think they will both be ok if they groom each other? xxxxxx

Should be fine, is it definitely the one for rabbits and piggies? :wave: It must be designed to be ok if it's groomed off, even a single bun would groom it off himself!

Should be fine, is it definitely the one for rabbits and piggies? :wave: It must be designed to be ok if it's groomed off, even a single bun would groom it off himself!

Yep def bunny one, ok will try it, cant find any mites, fleas or dandruffy stuff its just charlie seems a bit itchy round his face and ears?? and i found a tiny bit f dry skin on charlie`s back. xxxxxx

I don't think you can see mites, I couldn't see them on the piggies anyway

Ahhh right well just as a precaution i bought some a while back to use as an emergency, will just use one tube on each buns neck tonight and see how they both go, im scared to use it. xx

Ahhh right well just as a precaution i bought some a while back to use as an emergency, will just use one tube on each buns neck tonight and see how they both go, im scared to use it. xx

Don't be scared :) I used it a couple of times when I first got my piggies and it was fine xx

I`v used it before on my piggies and on penny. i think it`s realy good stuff. i keep some in my cupboard just incase.:wave:

Beapher spot on is fine and safe to use..it is Ivermectin which is what most vets would prescribe you for bunny mites..but charge you a lot more

Bob Martins spot on I wouldn't recommend..it contains a different drug and I have found it not as effective

When I Frontline Molly the cat I do Louie at the same time, with the Beaphar :D

Not had any problems with it at all :wave:

Thank you everyone, both buns are doing fine and NO scratching from charlie today, the beaphar has done the trick.:D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back