• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have progress with Handsome Eddie!! U/D: He's started stumbling about!!!

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
He almost got up onto his feet a moment ago. I'm so proud of him There's still no movement in his legs, but the fact that he could upright himself...if only for a moment, is good news to me!! :love:

Last edited:
congrats :)

I didn't catch his story - do you know what caused the paralysis, and what the prognosis is?

I can pinpoint when he did it, but not how. I'm guessing he twisted his back. It happened on his journey to me. :(

Prognosis is that he'll either get better or he won't. :roll: Only time will tell.

He might get partial use back, might get it all back....might not change at all (but I'm hoping what I saw wasn't a fluke.)

I can pinpoint when he did it, but not how. I'm guessing he twisted his back. It happened on his journey to me. :(

Prognosis is that he'll either get better or he won't. :roll: Only time will tell.

He might get partial use back, might get it all back....might not change at all (but I'm hoping what I saw wasn't a fluke.)

Well, my 9 week old baby boy fell at least 2 feet...paralysed...then a few weeks later youd think nothing had happened...and he has a kyphosis too.Miracles happen, Ali.

Oh how gutting :( Here's hoping he gets better, looks promising from today anyway :)

Thats great that he got to his feet!

Have you thought about having the accupuncture vet just take a look at him?

Thats great that he got to his feet!

Have you thought about having the accupuncture vet just take a look at him?

I've been thinking that it's a really good idea. :D Just seeing him over the next week to see if he can get any better. If not then I'll definitely do the acupuncture, if your vet thinks he'll benefit for it. :)

Evie...I'd completely forgotten about BB!! He's a little miracle!! :love::love:

He's trying to hop!!! :D:D:D He's already had a lot of muscle wastage, so I think it'll be a long transition from stumbling about everywhere to hopping. One leg is far worse than the other and so he keeps falling over...but he can hold his weight, and is trying!!!!

I'm so proud of him! Two lots of good news today, as Hector has finally started putting on a bit of weight. (and has lopped an ear! :shock: Pics to follow ;))

Back