• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If this isn't bonded I don't know what is

Domino27

Mama Doe
Day 4 (of the big bunny house :D)

Well if this isn't bonded I have no idea what is. I have increased their space so that the cage run now has 6 segments (from 4 to 5 the other day). There is still NO change in behaviour, she is going nuts being cooped up in there for 4 days now though.

I've had no:
fighting
humping
biting
fur pulling
grunts
thumping
any agressive behaviour at all tbh

I have had:
mutual snuggles, major flops together, feeding together (he even steals food from her mouth as she's nomming it at lightning speed which is funny), she eats more hay now because of him, he has chilled out and we have a lot of nose rubs, she will now ALWAYS goes sit with him to the point of if he's flopped and asleep she'll snuggle up to his belly (lol) and vice versa. Neither like their feet being touched though (think they're ticklish hahah)

I haven't had:
grooming from either however that's not to say they haven't been doing it, I may have been at work or asleep and missed it...

I don't want to leave them in that small run for longer than necessary however don't want to move things along fast either if it'll cause problems. What are people's opinions as mine is, if that's not bunny love then I'm bamboozled with this whole bonding process! :shock:

Cheers!

Awwww! Congratulations!!

I know you must hate seeing them in the smaller enclosure but I would definately keep taking things slowly. I have never bonded rabbits (I don't think my nerves could take it!) But the lovely lady who bonded my rabbits (starlightsrabbitrescue) left it a week before I could collect them. And my rabbits were an instant bond apparently! So I am guessing that leaving them in that space for a week is a good idea. However, hopefully someone who actually has bonding experience will be able to give you an educated answer :lol:

I hope this continues to go well for you :D

Here they are:
526fcf60.jpg

53663f35.jpg

Aw, they look so sweet together :love:
Congratulations, does sound like it's going extremely well :D
I would say keep them together in the smaller space for a little while longer just to make sure and strengthen the bond, but sounds great so far :)

Aww:love: I am guessing take it slow too, I may well send my two duches to you for rebonding:lol: I am so scared:shock:

My very first bond was like this-no humping,chasing ,fur pulling etc Both bunnies just flopped together :shock: :) I think Fluffy had been absolutely desperate for company.It gave me a false idea of what bonding was like -until I tried a second bond,boy was that different!!!:shock::shock:

[eta: It was in the days before I discovered RU and I hadnt even bonded in neutral territory but in a room I'd been letting Daisy run round in :oops:]

Last edited:
My very first bond was like this-no humping,chasing ,fur pulling etc Both bunnies just flopped together :shock: :) I think Fluffy had been absolutely desperate for company.It gave me a false idea of what bonding was like -until I tried a second bond,boy was that different!!!:shock::shock:

[eta: It was in the days before I discovered RU and I hadnt even bonded in neutral territory but in a room I'd been letting Daisy run round in :oops:]

He does hump her once a day actually, lol all day he's flopped with her and sleeping etc whilst she's trying to find a way of escaping, and then come around half 7 he seems to perk up as if to say "hmmm there's a lady in with me", humps (no fur pulling now thankfully), she takes it and then we're back to snuggles and sleeping :shock: men! hahah

I can't wait to move them out of the lounge, there is hay everywhere and it's doing my nut in....

Just reading your thread - in the picture is it a black mini lop you have with what looks like a white mouth/lips??::D If so I have one exactly the same - Pippin! :love:His bonding with Poppy Peaches was perfect too - my first attempt! i am not naive though:? - my nethie girl 'hates' all bunnies and wants her mini mansion to herself! Next bonding due is a 3 some which also looks to be going well - it must be mini lop temperaments! Pity the weather is so awful - I am sure they will be going past the window in canoes later on!:lol::lol:

Just reading your thread - in the picture is it a black mini lop you have with what looks like a white mouth/lips??::D If so I have one exactly the same - Pippin! :love:His bonding with Poppy Peaches was perfect too - my first attempt! i am not naive though:? - my nethie girl 'hates' all bunnies and wants her mini mansion to herself! Next bonding due is a 3 some which also looks to be going well - it must be mini lop temperaments! Pity the weather is so awful - I am sure they will be going past the window in canoes later on!:lol::lol:

Where did you get yours from? Her brother had a white nose which went onto lips and a white back left foot...

Before I starting getting rescue bunnies I got him from a small breeder in Ellesmere Port near me - he was my first little lad :love:and loved his mummy and used to do 'kisses for mummy' :)now he's a 'teenager' he doesn't want to know!!:( Though I do 'force' him to have a cuddle now and then - it's the law in my house :lol::lol:pippin is all black apart from his lips :love:

Before I starting getting rescue bunnies I got him from a small breeder in Ellesmere Port near me - he was my first little lad :love:and loved his mummy and used to do 'kisses for mummy' :)now he's a 'teenager' he doesn't want to know!!:( Though I do 'force' him to have a cuddle now and then - it's the law in my house :lol::lol:pippin is all black apart from his lips :love:

Ah I see, she just has a white nose and a little bit on her top lip.

Back