• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

don't hate me - dolphin show videos

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
But luckily these dolphins were putting on a show because they wanted to. We visited Chanonry point which is one of the best places in the UK to see wild bottle-nosed dolphins as there is a large group that hangs about in the moray firth.

I took photos with my traditional camera so haven't got them developed yet. Took a few wee video clips though, here's a couple...

This wee chap was having fun leaping out the water off-shore:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHGn5_S4hLA

This vid show just how close they come to the shore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_MyUfwuBOE

On day 1 wee seen around 8-12 individual dolphins we think. They were around from lunch time to late afternoon. We went back to the point for a while at night from about 9.30pm-10.30pm and there was 3 dolphins there.

On day 2 we seen three dolphins but we were only there for an hour or so.

Fantastic :D

We went there many years ago and it was such a wonderful site to see them so close. After watching your videos i can't wait to go back again!

You worried me for a minute there! :shock::lol:

It's lovely to see them in their natural habitat. :love:

Beautiful! :love:

I went on a whale and dolphin watching thingy on the P&O ferry that goes to Spain - it was excellent! We saw fin whales, sei whales, killer whales, pilot whales, a cuviers beaked whale, a trues beaked whale, risso's dolphins, striped dolphins, common dolphins and bottlenose dolphins. We were so high up on top of the bridge that they seemed miles away though (most of them probably were miles away! :lol:).

I've heard about Moray Firth and I really want to go.

I went on a whale and dolphin watching thingy on the P&O ferry that goes to Spain - it was excellent! We saw fin whales, sei whales, killer whales, pilot whales, a cuviers beaked whale, a trues beaked whale, risso's dolphins, striped dolphins, common dolphins and bottlenose dolphins.

Is that all?!

Absolutely wonderful! I love, love, LOVE than seeing them in their natural habitat! (And hate, hate, HATE seeing them captive!)

Get yourselves up to Fortrose between lunch time and late afternoon. That's twice we've been up in the last two years and they've always been about.:D You don't even need to go out on a boat to see them you can just watch from the shore.:)

This year they were doing a lot more acrobatics though which was pretty cool. In all the times I've seen them I've never really seen them jump out the water like they do on the postcards.:lol:

There was a mother and baby there on day one and the baby was tiny, I guess it wasn't very old.:love:

Get yourselves up to Fortrose between lunch time and late afternoon. That's twice we've been up in the last two years and they've always been about.:D You don't even need to go out on a boat to see them you can just watch from the shore.:)

This year they were doing a lot more acrobatics though which was pretty cool. In all the times I've seen them I've never really seen them jump out the water like they do on the postcards.:lol:

There was a mother and baby there on day one and the baby was tiny, I guess it wasn't very old.:love:

I live quite near the area, and myself and my OH have been 4 times and NEVER seen the dolphins!!
I do however have a video of a whale in the Moray firth taken from the air - I'll have to look it out and post it.

Back