• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit proofing the lounge room

AzuraSunshine

Warren Scout
I've deal with most of the cords, except the one that goes right the back end of the room (against the skirting board) But i'm not sure what to do about the curtains...

When my camera battery is recharged I'll get photos.. but my windows are like divided in half and the only way I can life the curtains and still make it look neat is if i pull them up to the divide which will leave the bottom half of the window uncovered and i'm sure my hubby will complain about that :/

I'm moving her cage out here in a minute too, not that she has ever used it for any purpose.. (i'm just moving it out here so i can put her hay in it without it going EVERYWHERE!) lol

Anyway, Just wondering if anyone has any tips?

I was thinking of putting litter in half of the bottom of her cage, so she essentially has 2 litter trays, one on either side of the room...

and I have unused space under my desk that i could do something with, i'm just not sure what to do.. :p

I don't use my desk, because I have my old man-rat on there (he is alpha aggressive so can't live with the other boys and is too old to be neutered now..)

I'm going to cover up the space under the coffee table too, so she has a little cave thing..

(I have ideas, but I need someone else's input!) :p

I have made a wall out of plastic NIC grids I got in B&Q to go along the bottom of the curtains, so that the curtain sits between the window/wall and the grid so the buns can't get them. It's only one grid high and doesn't look too bad :lol:

I have the same problem as I have full length windows and therefore curtains. And after the stress I had trying to find curtains that fit, I don't want to cover them up too much or not use them! Sergeant & Pepper haven't been let out into the living room yet as they're still being litter trained, but when it comes to it, I was planning to just block them off with panels from a pen. I'm not sure how to stop them being able to move them or get round them though, as there isn't really anything to attach them to at either end!

It might sound obvious but get or make a fire guard then get down at rabbit height to make sure there aren't any places they can get over/under. Gasket nearly gave the OH heart failure when he found the only hole in the fireplace and started running around behind the pilot light as "The Bunny God of Hellfire!":shock:

Oh yes and spiral cable tidy, it will be your best friend. All it does it provide that extra few seconds of ablative armour so you can reach for a distraction.

The biggest tip is to be prepared for the unexpected! Lol! I really didnt think wallpaper was a tasty treat.

The hidey holes are a great idea - i always make sure Lucky has his own retreat and he quite likes them.

Good luck!!

Wallpaper is sadly a very tasty treat :( we have only just redecorated our living room and kitchen and there are soo many bare patches. The pride in their little faces when they pull a big strip off :roll::shock::lol:

I'd recommend lying on the floor and looking around the room at that height.. You look crazy but it gives you a better idea of what your bunny will see and any gaps they might want to get through!

Back