• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An update on how little Rascal is settling in.

Zara

Mama Doe
Well he's only been here two days but Rascal is already hopping around like he owns the place :lol: He's nicked one of the old cat baskets and has spent yesterday and today snuggling up to me on the couch, licking my hands and feet and giving me gentle nips on the elbow if I stop petting him (He's going that right now!) :roll:
He's been doing small binkies and head-flicks and I'm so utterly in love with him, but I'm also a little panicky. I lost Firefly a month ago and I'm terrified of something going wrong with Rascal or Batbunny, and I'm worrying irrationally. Is this normal? :? I'm even worrying about their upcoming boosters and Rascal's snip even though they'll be perfectly safe, it's just the heartbreak of Firefly is still raw and I can't bare any more pain, I just want to have happy healthy bunnies :love:

:love:

Yes, I think its completely normal to worry, especially if you have recently lost a bunny. Its very hard losing somebun and then having to look after others. You almost just 'wait' for something to go wrong. Hopefully nothing will and they will be happy and healthy with you for a long time to come :)

Pictures!

I agree its normal about being panicky I am one of the worst:oops:

Rascal sounds like my Carlo, the nipping when you dare to stop grooming :love:

what a darling. Is he a black bun too?? In fact I NEED pics :lol:

:lol: Here's the photos of him I took the day he arrived, I posted then before but I'll always be happy to post more of him :love:

STA72067-1-1.jpg

STA72063.jpg

Exploring the couch

STA72076.jpg

Oh what a darling look at his earseys :love:

Sorry I must have missed the other pics.. right I must find my camera so i can take some of my two monsters:lol:

Ohh Zara I know how you feel about being panicky! I lost my Dexter last week and would love to get a new bun! I am currently looking at some in rescues but I am scared of things going wrong again! You think of rabbits being really robust and really they are quite fragile creatures!

Sorry for being annoying but I have to squeal and update, he's binkying already! :love: and I've never been licked by a rabbit so much in my life!

That's a cute rabbit. I wish ours would lick us and be so friendly. They come running when they hear the pellet bag but that's about it.

I find the trick is to spend some time grooming the rabbit everyday at first, that can really help the rabbit bond with the owner, then when the rabbit is more confident in your company it'll probably want to play around you and even snuggle up to you. Of course every bunny is different, Firefly loved peopke and Rascal definitely does, but my little Batbunny is very aloof and doesn't like too many cuddles, he prefers to spend most of his time playing on his own :roll:

Back