• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor to outdoor rabbits?

JoLB

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, hope you're all well! I haven't been in here for a while. I wondered if I could have some advice! My rabbits are going into boarding when we move house. They have been indoor rabbits but will be going outside. They're going in August so will have time to get a winter coat.

I would like to keep them as outdoor rabbits in our new place (actually I don't have a choice!). Has anyone done this?

Any advice? I will have a look at topics too but can only get Internet on my phone at the moment!

Thank you!

If you can, I would suggest moving them out in the not too distant so that they can get used to it in the mildest weather possible.

I have moved several indoor bunnies to outside and provided the environment they are going into is ok and its done at a warm time of year, they have been fine.

Thank you for your replies. They will be going in a couple of weeks, so the weather will still be nice and mild!

I am wondering what to put them in when we move to a new place. I like the idea of a shed. It needs to be big enough for them to stay in permanently, and I can let them out when I am home.

i think a shed or playhouse with an attached run is nice, I moved my indoor buns out this summer and they went into a shed - they settled in so easily. I made the shed 'home from home' so with a rug to sit on and plenty of toys! the only thing they didnt have was a tele :lol::lol:
If you do it in the summer months like the others said they should be fine.

Back