• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you...?

cloughie

Banned
Hi...

Since Harley escaped Thursday last week Pebbles has been so sad and withdrawn :( I don't want to leave it too long to get him another companion :)

My friend has got a litter of babies that will be 11 weeks old soon and as said that I can have one if I like. They are absolutely adorable and I am tempted but my only problem is what to do?

If I got a baby bun I would like to try and bond her as soon as possible with Pebs and get her spayed when she is old enough. Just wondering how many people would do this/ have done this? Pebbles is a lovely bun...he is very sweet natured and friendly and is not violent at all.

There is still a chance that your bun will turn up. I know its a slim one but still possible. What would you do then? I personally would wait a little longer. Maybe a month or so.

I think it would be easier for you to get a neutered girl from a rescue, buns go a bit crazy when the hormones kick in, so even if they bond fine now they could start fighting when the baby gets older..

There is still a chance that your bun will turn up. I know its a slim one but still possible. What would you do then? I personally would wait a little longer. Maybe a month or so.

*Whispers* I don't think so :cry: (see RB)

I would go for a rescue personally....that was bun will come pre speyed which will be cheaper, and their personality will have already developed so you'll know what you're getting.

i personally would go no where near a baby bun again :oops::oops:, Alvin put me off for life. with all them raging hormones at some point you might end up with single buns who you cant bond :( i know its a risk we all face but if Alvin and Holly's bond ever failed she would go back to her rescue no matter how attached i am, i wouldn't be able to keep single buns in the same house. would you be able to keep the baby if it all went wrong?

i would go to a rescue and let them worry about finding a mate for my bun, well i have twice now :lol::lol::lol:

There is a chance that they wouldn't bond, and if they do, they may fight when the new buns hormones arrive. I'm currently in the process of rehoming two foster babies and both adopters of the girls understand it may not work and they may not bond with their respective future boyfriends and may also fight even if they do bond.

I would suggest, for Pebbles sake, to get a rescue that is an adult and spayed/neutered so that you know what you are getting and Pebbles stress is minimalised.

*Whispers* I don't think so :cry: (see RB)

I would go for a rescue personally....that was bun will come pre speyed which will be cheaper, and their personality will have already developed so you'll know what you're getting.

Oh god I feel so awful and insensitive now. Please forgive me :(

No worries Mrs. Ord you weren't to know :)

Thank you for your replies I'll definitely look to rescue an adult doe :) The trouble now is trying to find a doe in rescue...I have seen some lovely buns in my area (Essex, Kent, London and Surrey) but they've been male or a big breed. I saw a lovely girl on Fat Fluffs website called Luna...she is reserved now though bless her.

My search is narrowed to lop eared buns too as certain members of the family can't stand uppy ear buns...don't want anyone to hate my buns :shock:

If anyone knows of a female small to medium sized loppy bun available for rehoming please be sure to let me know...I have a 4x4 and a 6x4 (3ft high) run and a very sweet smexy boy ready and waiting (well playhouse is still having bits done to it and the run is currently still being made :lol:).

We have two dwarf lop girls (bonded and to go as a pair) at RSPCA Ipswich. They are gorgeous. They could potentially bond to make a trio with your boy. However, I don't think your housing would meet our requirements.

i just took an unwanted boarders bunny a female lionhead x lop to the rabbit residence today! but Caroline there has lots of bunnies looking for a home, its in royston, it took us 1 hr 15 minutes from Maldon.

Little Angels also have some in need too. theres so many, i would recommend to get a rescued bunny, i think aside from all the obvious reasons you would feel very upset if you bonded to a new bunny and Pebbles didnt. because you wouldnt want to give him or her up, not when you have lost a bun in such an awful way, you just wouldnt. but then you wouldnt want to have single bunnies.

I think aside from all the obvious reasons that everyone has said, i would go for a rescue on the basis that if the rescue bonds them, and they come home bonded, youre not running the risk of having to lose another bunny in a different way.

I hope that didnt sound insensitive, ive just tried to put myself in your shoes and i know i would want the safest way, because of what you have been through. xxx

:wave: personally if it was me I wouldnt get a baby bun, far too fragile, then you have to wait (and pay) for neutering, then you have to bond them - which might not work. There are too many stages for things to go wrong, if you rescue then if the bonding doesnt work out they can always try another bun! Hope you manage to find a friend for your bun x

Not at all Missy SJ :) thank you I'll check out Rabbit Residence later :)

Kath - Thank you :)

Bluesmum - yeh Kris suggested one bunny that she has currently, I'm waiting to get a chance to show her to my OH as it his choice too :)

Back