• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day 3...zzzz

Domino27

Mama Doe
Well it's day 3 and we're stuck between and hard place and a rock. Both are still trying to be the dominant one (she refuses point blank to groom him and will shove her head as far down as possible) and he refuses to accept this so stomps and humps (and she is actually submissive to a point...when he starts nipping and fur pulling then she's off).

I may have made a mistake in giving them both nose rubs over the weekend which may have upset the balance somewhat so I haven't done that since 7pm last night.

There have been no fights, no aggression, mutual flops (and I mean the biggest flops I have ever seen in my life), both running up to the cage when I walk past, both fighting for food (amusing).....just noooo grooming whatsoever. I realise I do not have the patience of a saint however I guess no fighting is better than fighting.

I need to go get them some more food etc so I am planning on shoving them in the carrier and bringing them with me...good idea or not?

When do people suggest putting them in a hutch and seeing what happens?? I need to clean it first and neutralise it as it's his hutch, I do have, what my OH calls, "monica geller" syndrome and the mess they are making in my lounge is really starting to bug me... :lol:

I do realise this may take time...honest...! :oops:

lol, that might be this time next year at this rate :lol: ;)

You will get there! It felt like forever before Charlee finally groomed Noah, and now they do it all the time :love:

I will let others comment on the carrier thing - I didn't do that. But they are showing positive signs.

You will get there! It felt like forever before Charlee finally groomed Noah, and now they do it all the time :love:

I will let others comment on the carrier thing - I didn't do that. But they are showing positive signs.

lol I know, I feel like banging their heads together and telling them to get on with it ;) ah well. I'm working nights this week so I'm praying that when I stagger in through the front door at half 7 in the morning at some point this week I will be met with a miracle and see them grooming...! :lol:

Well banana on both their heads and they were both more interested in me and the banana on my rubber gloves..... :shock: do I just have two "I like humans more than bunnies" bunnies?!?

Some pics, I THINK I saw some grooming from paddy....

1568da54.jpg

5856d50b.jpg

0be462ac.jpg

Had you thought of doing the 'forced snuggling' thing where you hold them both firmly together on your knee and stroke them? It will help pass their scent to the other. I tried the banana/peanut butter thing but it didn't seem to do much to help ours bond either.

Ours seem happy enough now, but only very, very rarely will Smudge groom Misty - it seems to be a very one way relationship. Even then it's for a millisecond, no matter how many times Misty puts his head down for a groom.

If I did that, he wouldn't stay on for long and she'd be FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and she's chomping at the bit of get out of that cage!!!!

Back