• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding.... run out of neutral ground

Chaos was castrated 4 weeks ago, Moo was spayed about a year ago, I'm getting a chicken run hutch type thing in a couple of weeks for them... like this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Norfolk-Chicken-chicken-nesting-suitable/dp/B002SQA4UK

I've run out of neutral space outside, and I can't pick Moo up. We have a special agreement - I don't pick her up if she does exactly what she is told to do! I am now able to stroke her all over in her hutch without any grunting, lunging, boxing or bites!! This is why I've barely been on RU in ages!!

So anyway, as they have been able to meet eachother through the hutch doors when they have been free-ranging the garden, I decided to let them out together last night!!! I thought It may have been a bit premature but they were great, ignored eachother for half an hour then sniffing, running round, binkying like mad, grazing together and a bit of grooming eachother before I put them away. Awwwwww bunny love :love::love::love:

Some (if your lucky) rabbits dont need the neutural ground. Carlisle was living in HIS shed and Lilly was living in the house with me. They had a few dates in and around HIS shed. He was fine and didn't mind at all he was just so pleased to meet her and spend time with her. She moved herself in a few weeks later. She really did do it herself as I tried to get her in the house but she wouldn't budge from THEIR shed :lol: Mine is a pretty rare story but yours is sounding similar :D

Awwww Carlisle and Lily are soooo cute!! I hope this works out as easily as their bonding, that would be amazing! I'm going to let them free range together again today and take each day as it comes.

I couldn't really make a nuetral area either. My bonding was inside - in the end all I could do was put a new blanket (never used) over a piece of floor, rig up a pen and sit back and watch. Bonding was fairly smooth in comparison to some bonds.

Back