• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anal Papillomas have come back?

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
Gus had a papilloma removed from his bum last year, I just did a bum check and there are two more! He needs to go to the vets this week anyway but just wondered if anyone else had had this happen?

With the last one my vet said it should go on it own, but when it didn't removed it, he sent it off for testing and it was benign, it was all removed and my vet didn't expect it to reoccur

Now they are back I am wondering if it could indicate some kind if immune problem as his body should be able to deal with it?

Poor Gussy and his bum :(

awwww poor little man :(:(

no idea what it is but i hope the vet can successfully get rid this time xxxx

awwww poor little man :(:(

no idea what it is but i hope the vet can successfully get rid this time xxxx

Last time my vet took pictures to show his students, the indignity of it :shock::roll:

He seems ok in himself but I do worry that there is an underlying problem :?

ewww i knew i shouldnt of googled it. dont look very nice at all :(

net says its a DNA virus so i guess its not something he will ever be rid of :(

I thought this was about a plant when I first read it. . .:roll::oops:

So i googled it! Poor Gus, are they painful or just growths he doesn't notice? One website said caused by a virus, one said not caused by a virus.

I hope your vet can get to the bottom of it. (unintentional pun!!)

I thought this was about a plant when I first read it. . .:roll::oops:

So i googled it! Poor Gus, are they painful or just growths he doesn't notice? One website said caused by a virus, one said not caused by a virus.

I hope your vet can get to the bottom of it. (unintentional pun!!)

He doesn't seem to notice them, but I have to keep a close eye as they can bleed easily.

The FHB book has a small passage on them, but mainly says they should go away on their own, and if not can be removed surgically.

my joon had these and i chose not to remove tham as they didn't bother her. if they got very large i would apply fuciderm cream and it would shrink them. they bled every now and then s i justkept a close eye on her. hope that helps!

Back