• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just been asked to take a baby rabbit...!!!!! U/D... Got him here

mich8

Alpha Buck
Really angry now... My sister (who has not spoken to me for about 5 years) rings up and asks me if i want a baby rabbit. When i asked her where it was from she says... I brought it for my gran kids but just had a major fall out with their mum.
Now what the hell do i do ????? I dont really have room for it (i am saying it because i dont know what sex it is). Not sure what she will do with baby rabbit if i dont take it....
I have 9 rabbits of my own and 1 foster at the moment........
aaaaarrrggghhh some people :evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:
Oh dear, what a nightmare.

How about giving her numbers to try and find someone herself? That's a bit risky if you feel her morals are not strong and she's not fussed what happens to the baby or where it goes.

Oh dear, that's quite a situation :(

Well, what's she going to do with it if you don't take it? Giving it a very temporary home may be worthwhile

Honestly i am so angry with her. I have a horrible feeling she will just let it go. They live in quite a rural area.
If i took the rabbit in could i try to rehome her on the rabbits in need section ?

In that case i'd say take her, if you're not sure what she'll do with her

It's worth advertising on here, I'm certain you'll find someone to take the bun

Hi
The rabbit is in Sussex. I have no idea of breed, sex etc.
I am going to look at it tonight though....

Ok... I have been and got the rabbit.
He is about 8 weeks old and is harlequin. Very friendly and has been sitting on my knee licking me for ages.

Now all i have to do is find him a home.....

I'd give him some time to settle. He will need a vet check and his vaccinations and then also to be neutered before going to anyone- especially if its not someone you know.

Hopefully it won't be too hard to find him a home. I would suggest posting lots of pics and stories about him. With my fosters I really think that helped them find their homes.

I'm so glad he is safe with you :)

Yep I will give him time to settle. When i went to pick him up he was in a little box with no hay, water or food :evil:

oooh the poor little thing!:(

No wonder he was licking you - youre his life saver - he :love: you! Bless him - no hay or anything - he must have felt so lonely & scared!:shock:

Ok... I have been and got the rabbit.
He is about 8 weeks old and is harlequin. Very friendly and has been sitting on my knee licking me for ages.

Now all i have to do is find him a home.....

Oh bless the poor thing,8 weeks old and already unwanted :(

Love harlies :love: look forward to piccies :wave:

Piccies!!

Shame its a buck, still looking for a doe!

You've done the right thing though, he's in the best place possible :D

Back