• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered bunnies fighting this morning.

Ambience

Warren Veteran
My neutered bunnies shadow and stripe have been fighting this morning when i finallly managed to get them back in there run. They had managed to dig out of their run, and meet up with ava, rose and athena's run - under the ground. So one could get through to the other.

So i now have an added reason to get down to the range and get some mesh for today. My un-neutered males are on concrete runs for obvious reasons. They seem quite bonded to rose,ava and athena -i have introduced them before. Must have been strange for them meeting up in a warren they have made.

Anyways, i've bricked it off again for the fourth time and hopefully my little escape artists will sit tight until i have the mesh down. Fortunately my garden is enclosed s they can't escape the brick walls around the outside.

I'm abit concerned about shadow and stripe as they are normally best friends. Shadow didn't want to go back in the run and started rearing up at blaze,, they don't fight really, just defend against each other. Except shadow does have a scuff or two. So do i seperate them out now or just wait. They have both finished scuffling and can't be bothered, laid out again in the run at opposite sides.

Not sure what to do. I don't want to break them up if i can help it, as they have always been together, even as unneutered bunnies for about 3 years.

Any advice?
Thanks,
Ambience xx

If you've got time, stick them in a carry case and drive them around for 15 mins or so and then put them back in their run. They should be fine then.

If you've got time, stick them in a carry case and drive them around for 15 mins or so and then put them back in their run. They should be fine then.

I don't drive unfortunately and have noone who could take me :( I think they have settled down abit now though, thank goodness- hopefully that was it.

Thankyou
Ambience x

If that happens again you can put them in a carry case and carry them, very gentley moving the carry case forwards and backwards, or you can put them on a washing machine. All works in a similar way :)

Glad they have settled though.

If that happens again you can put them in a carry case and carry them, very gentley moving the carry case forwards and backwards, or you can put them on a washing machine. All works in a similar way :)

Glad they have settled though.

Thanks Sky,

I really appreciate that. I was just abit concerned. I think it started some uproar this morning with them getting out. Paws also got a bite on the nose through the bars of his run. Not too serious i hope, but i think i'll get him checked over by a vet. Currently i don't think i can get all my poorly buns down there in one trip, so he will have to wait until the next run. He is still bright and doesn't seem to have been effected by it too much. I remember rose did the same thing to ama. I think this calls for more secure runs. I've been meaning to sort it for awhile.

Ambience xx

If its possible, could you bathe the wound? Obviosuly be very careful if its right near the actual nostrils, but if you bathe it and it looks clean and heals well, hopefully he won't need a vet trip.

Back