• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it possible that a VHD jab

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
can affect a bunny for about 3 weeks after ??? or was it the heat :?

i know im over paranoid but Holly is so much more Holly again now. but for about 3 weeks following the jab there was something making me para about her, but i couldnt quite put my finger on it, she was holding herself wrong if that makes sense :oops::oops:.

she is back to eating mountains of hay again, ive seen her lie down properly again too over the last few days. she feels abit spiney tho :? ill be weighing her this weekend and hopefully she will of gained some back of the weight she lost following the jab, she dont look skinny but her spine sticks out that tiny bit more than Alvins.

im fairly convinced it was the vhd because thats the time when things seemed to go abit off :? am i totally wrong :oops::oops:

I don't think a bun would usually be "off" so long after the jab, mine are sometimes off for a day or two. I think it is far more likely to be the heat, mine are still not right since the really hot weather a few weeks ago, they are laying around more than usual and not as eager for food..

Of course it could be you are just being paranoid :lol:

Mine are all feeling a little thinner, again I have put it down to not eating so much because of the heat, they are going to the vets for myxi jabs this week so will get them checked over anyway

Mine are all feeling a little thinner, again I have put it down to not eating so much because of the heat, they are going to the vets for myxi jabs this week so will get them checked over anyway

yeah Alvin lost about 200g himself.. hes never been below 2kg before :shock::shock::shock:

it really suits him to be slender :love::love::love: Holly just needs that 200g back i think to be perfect weight

When our bunnies had a bad reaction they were 'ok' for two weeks and then become less ok over the following week. They developed bald patches though (some just on the localised injection site, Badger got them all over his body). I think all 4 of those rabbits had sore skin, especially Badger, before it started to peel and go bald.

well its hot and humid here today and ive just got a lovely pic of holly from the webcam :love::love::love:

Holly100720.jpg

i am 110% convinced it was the jab that upset her for those 3 weeks.. i will ask my vet if shes heard of bunnies being off for so long after a jab when we go for her teeth check in August

i know people think im paranoid and its unlikely to be the jab for so long, but it was the only change in her life that i can think of :?

Crumpet was off colour for about three weeks too after his VHD :wave: his sparkle seemed duller for that time, then he was suddenly fine again :)

Just a thought but if she was 'off' for a day or two after a jab, is it possible this made her gut slow a tiny bit and isn't up to full speed (as it were).

Aagin, just a thought.

Was it cylap or lapinject? Cylap takes 21 days for full immunity to develop so I guess if she had cylap there could be some correlation between her body working to develop immunity and her overall health :?

If she didn't have cylap, then...errr....I don't know :lol:

Just a thought but if she was 'off' for a day or two after a jab, is it possible this made her gut slow a tiny bit and isn't up to full speed (as it were).

Aagin, just a thought.

yeah could be. bit of tummy ache because shed slowed. it does take a while.. she was deffo not lying at all.. more sitting still in one position, its hard because i dont know her yet so it could of been normal. but now she seems normal :?

im confusing myself :lol::lol:

Was it cylap or lapinject? Cylap takes 21 days for full immunity to develop so I guess if she had cylap there could be some correlation between her body working to develop immunity and her overall health :?

nope it wasnt cylap :?

i think i hate both types equally :lol::lol:

That makes sense actually, Crumpet had Cylap :?

Back